How did it go

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
33 points. Once I’d got going I actually played okay. Just great to be back out there with mates in the fresh air having a bit of banter.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I went to the range and hit it ok. Driver was going off the planet at first, but I had it under a bit of control by the end.

So nice to be back out, and the weather is also helping :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well am back and the score was rammel. Hit some lovely drives and by and large from tee to green was not bad. But lord knows how many times I three putted. Oddly enough over the last couple of years we have had 3 folk drop in with us who we don’t know. They have each hit there best scores. A lovely Scottish guy dropped in with us today. When we had finished he was leading the comp with 41 points ?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Beautifully sunny, very strong wind - in the face on 1st tee - just 9 holes before first comp tomorrow. Course in tiptop condition and I wasn't as bad as I expected.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often. My local course is next to a massive park, but the public still choose to wander all over the course instead, and some are just utter... If any local(s) fancied it, then I'm sure a concerted effort of ripping up greens every other night would eventually close the place down :rolleyes:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lost 2 balls in the water which is unusual - only another 2 in the bag! Driver was pants until the 13th when suddenly things clicked and finished with 5 straight pars. Hopefully start better tomorrow!

The swans remembered me and came straight over on the 9th tee for some grub. I'd forgotten to take some for them though so they had my flapjack and left me famished.

Oh and a very startled, and very fat, muntjack deer scarpered across the 2nd fairway...must be wondering where everyone has suddenly come from.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was on the tee at 7, a The season opener was a little blocky but so good to be back!

Front 9 Bogey golf mostly, then parred 5 out of 6 scrambling to come home in 39 gross. To the range methinks. Need to loosen up, felt I’d a good idea of what I was doing around the greens but long game was game management rather than good golf. Was windy too though so all in all, not bad.

Mainly just extremely grateful to be back in the fresh air with so much space. Morning hares and muntjacs said hello, so lucky to have this game in our lives.

eddie_1878

Visit site
Couldn’t get a tee time until tomorrow but spent a couple of hours on the chipping green and it’s safe to say tomorrow isn’t going to be pretty!

Putting is relatively on point mind.

birdyhunter

Visit site
Range session - I went with absolutely no expectations, swung freely and it was going beautifully.. I thought I'd nailed this game, easy.

Then I started to think about what I was doing, concentrated on a few techniques and it went horribly wrong, all over the place :cry::poop:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was so excited I made a video. Steady enough and nowhere near as weird as going back after the first lockdown. I still can't chip which was the least surprise of the morning and one playing partner sanitised his hands at the halfway house with his glove still on! All in all it was amazing

Brave chap putting that close to the bunker on 30 seconds :oops:

Mandofred

Visit site
Hit the ball well. Nice day. No bad shots until the 15th.....then the evil hedge ate one of my golf balls (hit a fairly hard fade....so....I deserved it). Ground soft, no roll. But....a good good day. Heading in first thing in the morning for a couple of hours of practice on the range.

Boomy

Visit site
So good to be back out there ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ and banter with the chaps ? The course was saturated after all of the heavy rain, 3 holes on temporary greens and the wind was blowing a hooly ?? but none of that mattered. Happy Monday ⛳