Hoping - But Got Bitten Before

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Monthly meda today. Tricky conditions with numerous heavy showers and a blustery wind.

All going swimmingly well and one under handicap standing on the 7th. Hooked it left onto the 3rd and then lost a ball with my second after it hit a tree and went into the environmental area. Nice triple bogey.

Lost a ball off the tee at the 10th. Put the provisional in a good spot and hit the second shot (4th in total) to within 3 feet to make a five. Then played the next 4 holes -1 gross.

Level for the back 9 on the 15th. Hit the fairway. took a 5 iron to play safe . Snap hook - lost ball. Hit another - carved right. Got my 6th into play and made a glorios 9.

Finished with an 82 gross (net 7 - level par) with a 7 (triple) and a 9 (quadruple). It could have been so much better but the daft thing was I was leading the division when I left.

Trying to log into HDID to see the results and any handicap cut as those two scores will be rounded down. Can't get in!!

Not getting excited as I got beaten on the dreaded countback the last time I got into contention so I've learned not to count my chickens. Pleased with the way I played the other 16 holes in really trick conditions and didn't feel I hit it that well.

Just shows that you don't have o pure every shot and play perfect golf to get it round in a decent score. Come on HDID put me out of my misery

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Homer, your results are up. You won and are cut to 10.9

(assuming you are MJ Bedborough)

Edit to add, winner in Div 1 not in the ull comp, net 66 in Div 2

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer, your results are up. You won and are cut to 10.9

(assuming you are MJ Bedborough)

GET IN YOU BEAUTY. Still trying to get into HDID but thanks for that. Thought the 9 was going to kill me as it came so late (15th). Really pleased with the way I chipped and putted although the driving wasn't great.

Set myself a goal of 10 for the year and I said on here time and again if I had a short game I'd be able to post good scores. I've already for £70 (ish) in vouchers so this win should be enough to buy......... a pair of Myjoys :rofl:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice one Homer...Well done.....Its good to not hit it well and still get a good score...Just shows you the power of staying positive....

I was positive today...Positively crap :rolleyes:

:thup:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done Homer - I also had a good day today - through to the fourth round of the handicap knockout and finished with the ball I started with!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Set myself a goal of 10 for this year. Chipping starting to come now and I just need to stop the silly errors. Got some swing changes to work on from last Friday's lesson so the hard work starts again tomorrow after work. It can be tighter, better technically and with less moving parts so while Homers glass is positively overflowing right now, it might not be the same next time out

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Congrats Martin, now cut out following 1 bad shot with another one and the 9's will disappear for good.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Congrats Martin, now cut out following 1 bad shot with another one and the 9's will disappear for good.

Stupid thing is I was on the 15th fairway and had pulled a 5 iron to play safe. Snap hook from nowhere and then a quick horrid swing with the provisional and lost that right. I was in two minds and wanted to go with the hybrid initially as it was into the wind.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Well played Homer, nice to see your hard work paying off.

I played in our Monthly Medal today and had a quad bogey 9 on the first, followed up with two doubles, two singles and then two triples, 16 over par after 7 holes, I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

Played to handicap from the 8th in but the damage was done, golf can be a cruel game at times.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stupid thing is I was on the 15th fairway and had pulled a 5 iron to play safe. Snap hook from nowhere and then a quick horrid swing with the provisional and lost that right. I was in two minds and wanted to go with the hybrid initially as it was into the wind.

thought you would of learnt by now you have to be positive about your shot choice and commit to it or bad things happen! :(

well played, congrats on the win and cut 16 great holes soon to be 18 and single figs! :)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well played Homer old chap, keep up the good work.

Unfortunately I let myself down today and let the rain get into my head. I was lining up my putt on 7 when the heavens opened for the first time and by the time I'd knocked it in and walked to my bag by the 8th I was soaked. Putting my waterproofs on was a mistake since I was already wet and by the time I'd cleared my head on the 12th I'd dropped 7 shots in 4 holes having only been 3 over after 7. I managed to get to the 18th dropping only 2 more shots which I should never have dropped (1 three stab and a poor chip) but then doubled the last to miss the buffer. Really really annoyed with myself today.

Maybe I need psychology coaching from the new Homer :D

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Excellent news Homer well played.

On the back of this thread, I just checked our website. Turns out I won the monthly stableford with 39pts and have been cut from 18.5 to 17.9.

Here's to many more fella

:cheers:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent news Homer well played.

On the back of this thread, I just checked our website. Turns out I won the monthly stableford with 39pts and have been cut from 18.5 to 17.9.

Here's to many more fella

:cheers:

Well done Gareth,

Hope the good vibes are as contagious as the bad ones seem to be ha