Hoping - But Got Bitten Before

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well played Homer old chap, keep up the good work.

Unfortunately I let myself down today and let the rain get into my head. I was lining up my putt on 7 when the heavens opened for the first time and by the time I'd knocked it in and walked to my bag by the 8th I was soaked. Putting my waterproofs on was a mistake since I was already wet and by the time I'd cleared my head on the 12th I'd dropped 7 shots in 4 holes having only been 3 over after 7. I managed to get to the 18th dropping only 2 more shots which I should never have dropped (1 three stab and a poor chip) but then doubled the last to miss the buffer. Really really annoyed with myself today.

Maybe I need psychology coaching from the new Homer :D

I only had a shower proof top and no trousers so was resigned to getting wet and just joped the humidity between showers would dry me out. It hosed it down as I was on the 6th tee and you know how much I like that hole. Didn't have time to put the top on so stood there in the rain and stuck it on the green!

To be honest the showers didn't faze me as they were torrential but short lived to ducked under the brolly between shots and just carried on. To be honest it was putting the brolly up and down and back on the bag and taking the top on and off that was the biggest pain of all. Just had a good day and the short game finally came out to play

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Would like to see you get your h/cap lower than Murphthemog...

......battle of the new swings! :D

I have forgotten what my swing is supposed to be like, I haven't played for ages. Every time it's either foursomes, or it's hosing down and nthe course is shut. Ten days i China won't have helped either. I get another opportunity to go up 0.1 on Saturday, which will be my first proper swing of a golf bat in 3 weeks.

Well done Homer, by the way.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I only had a shower proof top and no trousers so was resigned to getting wet and just joped the humidity between showers would dry me out. It hosed it down as I was on the 6th tee and you know how much I like that hole. Didn't have time to put the top on so stood there in the rain and stuck it on the green!

To be honest the showers didn't faze me as they were torrential but short lived to ducked under the brolly between shots and just carried on. To be honest it was putting the brolly up and down and back on the bag and taking the top on and off that was the biggest pain of all. Just had a good day and the short game finally came out to play

What ever happened to the dress code at RA?