Home course

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm thinking I'm not sure what we need to say ? Congrats ?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just found out my home course has come 2nd in the National Club Golfer top 100 courses. What's your thoughts.

You should probably clarify that its the top 100 under £100, and that they have used the cost of the round as a points total (added together with their actual ranking) to get the number.

So for example - Alwoodley is ranked no3 on their list and costs £85 - giving its 88pts. Delemare Forest ranked 32nd and costs £55 - giving it 87pts.

That therfore puts Delemare above Alwoodley etc

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
You should probably clarify that its the top 100 under £100, and that they have used the cost of the round as a points total (added together with their actual ranking) to get the number.

So for example - Alwoodley is ranked no3 on their list and costs £85 - giving its 88pts. Delemare Forest ranked 32nd and costs £55 - giving it 87pts.

That therfore puts Delemare above Alwoodley etc
This is most apparent in the gulf in points between #1 and #2.

D

Deleted member 17920

Not entirely sure I agree with the list but Silloth is pure value for money and well worth the trip.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's a very unusual way to rank courses but an interesting concept nonetheless.

Both my clubs are in there :)

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i take these best this ans best that type of lists with a pinch of salt,they mean bugger all.
a few years ago royal ashdown gc in east sussex was voted number 4 in the worlds top courses .now it dosent get a mention as the best in east sussex ,yet the course has not gone backwards in any shape or form and is always in top nick.
go figure.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just found out my home course has come 2nd in the National Club Golfer top 100 courses. What's your thoughts.

I was holidaying up in Fife this year and for my "holiday round" it came down to a choice between Ladybank and Crail, while Ladybank looked a cracking course I went for Crail as the holiday is one of the rare chances I get to play a links course, and there are two at Crail!

If I go to Fife again I'll play Ladybank.

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
I was holidaying up in Fife this year and for my "holiday round" it came down to a choice between Ladybank and Crail, while Ladybank looked a cracking course I went for Crail as the holiday is one of the rare chances I get to play a links course, and there are two at Crail!

If I go to Fife again I'll play Ladybank.
you won't be disapointed, the course is always in great condition during the season.