Home v Away club

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning. Does anyone know how we inform England Golf of a change of home club? I'm currently a member of two clubs (call them WGC & TGC). I joined TGC in Oct23 and it correctly became my home club (according to MyEG) for Oct, Nov, Dec but now WGC is showing as the home club and I don't know why. Anyone know if this something that I can fix myself, or do I have to go through the admin person at TGC?

BTW, I've tried changing it on HDID and I can do that but it reverts overnight, so I'm guessing HDID have a nightly data dump from EG.

Thanks!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think your new home club has to do it, not you. I remember sending an email to my club when I joined asking them to make that change (because I was temporarily still a member of both).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morning. Does anyone know how we inform England Golf of a change of home club? I'm currently a member of two clubs (call them WGC & TGC). I joined TGC in Oct23 and it correctly became my home club (according to MyEG) for Oct, Nov, Dec but now WGC is showing as the home club and I don't know why. Anyone know if this something that I can fix myself, or do I have to go through the admin person at TGC?

BTW, I've tried changing it on HDID and I can do that but it reverts overnight, so I'm guessing HDID have a nightly data dump from EG.

Thanks!
As Orikoru says, your correct home club should do it.
And WHS downloads to your local system overnight after doing the handicap updates from the previous day's scores.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks both! I'll get on to them.

It is a simple process. You will have one or more of your committee with full access to the WHS platform. He/she will just tick the box on your record asking for the change. This activates an email from WHS to the current Home Club asking for agreement to the change and it happens as soon as they respond positively.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
To add to what the others have said, it's probably best to inform your current "home club" as well, so that they don't reject the request on the system when it comes through.
Thank you, I will. Although, as they are sadly closing in a couple of months, I should think they are getting many requests at the moment.

D

Deleted member 35504

I did it back in September when I joined a second course, I just requested the new course to be my home course and it showed up in HowDidiDo a couple of days later, I didn’t even inform my other course.
Cool thanks, I'll be going through this next month.