hole in one or not ?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never seen anything like that before, how bad was the commentary!

It aint a hole in one, Goosen would have to replace his ball in he position it stopped.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
the odds on a hole in one are big enough , what are the chances of that happening?
Probably see that one on question of sport , "what happened next"

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Absolute fake. Watch Goosens ball as it move away from the flag and then Choi's face as the ball drops. Iam sure there would have been more smiles etc.
What about the commentary, sounds like two blokes in the pub toilet.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
you FUGS are a keen eyed bunch , i didn't suspect anything until i read your posts . I now think your right , and if i had viewed it with the sound on initially, i probably wouldn't have posted as there is no way they are golf commentators .
Still it stimulated the brain cells for an hour !!! :eek: :eek:

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought it was a fake as soon as I realised that Choi hits a wood/hybrid.....do you really think he would get back spin like that ??

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The commentary may be fake, but still better than most of the US covered comps.

Looks fake,

But fake or not, the way I understood the rules, is that Goosen would have had to replace his ball, to where it was. Which is another silly rule as how could a player know from that distance where his ball indeed was, unless he was there to see it come down & like Monties' marked & lost marker on the course a few years ago, how can you be exactly sure even then.

Because I think, regardless of the rules I would have awarded that as a hole in one in the spirit of the game.