Hole in one - or not?

Albo

Visit site
So I went at lunch today and played the 9 hole par 3 course at my course. It’s a real par 3 course not a 60y pitch and putt, 8 of the 9 holes more than 100y and the one that isn’t is 80y, the longest hole is 143 I think.
Anyway, hit pitching wedge to the 7th one bounce and it disappeared, didn’t know if it was off the back or in, turns out it was in.
I am of the opinion that this doesn’t count as a hole in one or a real hole in one as it’s on a par3 course, some of the golfing pals are suggesting it does (perhaps to get a round in off me?!).
What’s the opinion here, if you got one on a par3 course would you consider it a legit HIO?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
So I went at lunch today and played the 9 hole par 3 course at my course. It’s a real par 3 course not a 60y pitch and putt, 8 of the 9 holes more than 100y and the one that isn’t is 80y, the longest hole is 143 I think.
Anyway, hit pitching wedge to the 7th one bounce and it disappeared, didn’t know if it was off the back or in, turns out it was in.
I am of the opinion that this doesn’t count as a hole in one or a real hole in one as it’s on a par3 course, some of the golfing pals are suggesting it does (perhaps to get a round in off me?!).
What’s the opinion here, if you got one on a par3 course would you consider it a legit HIO?

it was a real golf hole, a real ball, and a real shot

IMO that is a real hone in one

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just wondering...
I'd give it to you but would you be claiming it on the 80 yarder..?
It's just that there was a par 3 course at a previous club with holes from 50 to 110 yards and I got a couple of aces on the 85 yard hole...
Just asking:unsure:;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just wondering...
It's just that there was a par 3 course at a previous club with holes from 50 to 110 yards and I got a couple of aces on the 85 yard hole...

Put an asterisk at the side of it. Sorted ??

Albo

Visit site
Just wondering...
It’s not so much about distance, the 7th at Pebble is <100, it’d count there for sure.
More the fact it’s a par 3 course, consensus appears to be yes! Hole was 114 for the record.
I might have a few beers tonight!

And as for your 2 at 85, if mine counts so do yours

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It’s not so much about distance, the 7th at Pebble is <100, it’d count there for sure.
More the fact it’s a par 3 course, consensus appears to be yes! Hole was 114 for the record.

Excellent
6 sounds so much better than 4:LOL:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Excellent
6 sounds so much better than 4:LOL:
Nobody likes a big head. ???
PS how many does the Fragmeister have. ?

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a golf hole and you got the ball in the hole with one shot - that’s a hole in one , one of mine is on a short hole

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must be the odd one out or maybe just the odd one ?
I have possibly 20plus at pitch and putt
10 plus on par 3 golf courses
1 on a full golf course

If im asked did u ever have a hole in one?? i say just the 1 , and then i bore them with every single detail of how i did it, possibly enhanced greatly over the years?

One of my HIO in pitch and putt was for a half aswell . That was most memorable but i stil dont claim it ..
But thats just me ....