Hole In One

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Assuming the question relates to the 2’s sweep in a comp, then the answer is yes. We pay out on 2’s if someone NR’s, so it should be no different for an ace.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the card is submitted and entered on the system, I don't see why not.
At my club, the person with the hole in one buys everyone in the lounge a drink. Whether thats an open tab or a bottle of something on the bar counter thats up to them. The club do contribute a fixed amount, and your name goes up onto the relevant honors board.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have an optional 20p hole in one sweep, anyone entering and getting a hole in one in the competition receives £300 pro shop credit. Applies to medal, stableford and team competitions, even if you NR. In casual play, you get a bottle of whisky or equivalent.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Ah, the 2s sweep.
Was not made clear in the opening post.
As far as the 2s sweep goes, yes, the player still gets his due. The hole-in-one is treated the same as scoring two 2s at our club. So no big deal.

I've never felt that anyone is paying anyone else. The £1 is optional and winners win fair and square. You win pro-shop credit at our club not cash.
But a recent change means that this can be put on your bar card instead.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes.

I have heard of clubs that will not.

Is it fair on the rest of the field if the guy has to return to a tee and maybe rack up a score of 10 plus on hole.

We have a twos sweep and many years ago one of the pros would not pay out for an ace.

The only thing the club does is pays for two bottles to be placed on the bar so the player does not have to fork out for the drinks.