hitting a wall at the moment

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello I play off 14/15 at the moment but the last few games Ive hit 88,89 and 90(I haven,t hit a 90 in the last 20 or so games). My game seem to have gone my driving is shocking at the moment shanks and mishits, My iron play have been average at best, chipping Ok and putting is so so. I have been practicing alot lately and thought I would be getting close to be breaking 80 but it seems I have hit a wall at the moment. I think I am going through a stage where I think Im better than I really am. I actually love my golf but seem to have put to much pressure on myself to get better and I am starting to get frustrated with myself. Sorry for Rant

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounds like too many balls and not enough focus on the technique. A common mistake and an affliction I suffered with over two summers to the detriment of my game. You need to decide if you are just hitting balls to keep the swing going or working on a specific thought or change.

If its just to keep the swing going, one bucket is more than enough. Make sure you go through your pre-shot routine every time and replicate playing your course so you are always hitting different clubs.

If you've worked on a swing change or a specific move are you still using any drills you were shown. Work thorugh it in slow motion and use repetition. Again its about quality and not quantity and so make sure you feel whatever it is you're working on when you rehearse in slow motion and then hit a few. If it isn't working go back to hitting practice shots without the ball again

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
I go up the range hit a bucket of balls, go for a chip and a putt and play twice a week. I do think i might of been doing too much golf and range lately and picked up a few bad habits( but Im hooked and want to improve).I think i need to start enjoying my golf again and not think to much about my score. Has anyone got any good driving tips? I look at that many tips for driving and none seem to help.

cheers Rob

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I take it you're not having lessons?
You're just trying anything and hoping that something will work?
Unless you can tell us what your fault is, we cant really help

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
No not having lesson cant afford them. Just want a good video to have a proper setup. Sometimes struggle to get shots airbourne and catching to many on the heel. Should your head stay behind the ball till after impact. Cheers.

bigfoot1985

Head Pro
Visit site
i had the same problem.. currently 16hc but shotting in 90`s, got myself a lesson today and its the best £29 i have spent on golf this year!! Get yourself a lesson so you can be shown what you are doing wrong.. Just watching videos wont help as it is not correcting your current problem!