Help for self employed

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Quick reminder for anyone wanting to claim who still hasnt submitted their 2019 tax return youve 2 weeks left until the deadline. Still happy to help/advise if anyone needs
My son was speaking with HMRC this morning and he is adamant that he was told the deadline has been extended from 23rd April into May. He is waiting for an Activation Code to come through and this morning was told it would be with him within 10 days - he expressed concern about getting it done before the 23rd. But he was told not to worry - the date is being extended. Though there will still be time with the two weeks you mention - it'll be tight. I cant see anything on-line about the further extension he claims he was told about - so I am not sure I trust what he says... Maybe they have in consideration of postal delivery delays.

D

Deleted member 1740

My son was speaking with HMRC this morning and he is adamant that he was told the deadline has been extended from 23rd April into May. He is waiting for an Activation Code to come through and this morning was told it would be with him within 10 days - he expressed concern about getting it done before the 23rd. But he was told not to worry - the date is being extended. Though there will still be time with the two weeks you mention - it'll be tight. I cant see anything on-line about the further extension he claims he was told about - so I am not sure I trust what he says... Maybe they have in consideration of postal delivery delays.

Have you got access to a fax? I know its 2020 like but they used to only send them same day either by fax or post.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

certainly not seen anything online, thankfully one of the ones I was waiting for arrived this morning and is working fine, now to wait the 72 hour delay for having to file an earlier year return too!

hopefully he gets it in time

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
quick reminder youve less than 48 hrs if youve not submitted the 18/19 tax return and are looking for a grant
All done, dusted and submitted...of course he's currently skint waiting for first UC payment to come through, so I'll have to pay his £32.60 Income Tax bill for that year. But I can handle that :) Many thanks for your support Sir!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You should now be able to log into your HMRC account to see whether you are eligible for help under the scheme and when you will be able to process your claim (seems to be 15th May for most), they may also ask for you to confirm contact details etc

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You should now be able to log into your HMRC account to see whether you are eligible for help under the scheme and when you will be able to process your claim (seems to be 15th May for most), they may also ask for you to confirm contact details etc

Need UTR and Gateway numbers, if not registered with Gateway, they need to do so first.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately for me, I started a new self employment on 1 May 2019 so fall outside the scheme. Haven't worked since middle of March and not likely to for the next couple of months at least.

D

Deleted member 1740

Unfortunately for me, I started a new self employment on 1 May 2019 so fall outside the scheme. Haven't worked since middle of March and not likely to for the next couple of months at least.

Have you submitted a tax return? For 19/20 year? If not, I suggest you do asap.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Have just finished doing just that

I Can apply from 8am on 14th may
Let's see how it goes......

D

Deleted member 1740

Have just finished doing just that

I Can apply from 8am on 14th may
Let's see how it goes......

Mine says 8am 13th May, at least its all staggered and not a free for all

D

Deleted member 1740

Defenitely ?
Had visions of their bloody website crashing or something with the avalanche of applications....!!

With a bit of luck
They may even know what they're doing eh....

From my little dealing with the HMRC, in fairness whenever I’ve done my tax return, its always been spot.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is actually rather hypothetical.

If I were self-employed and my work has disappeared - how does HMRC know that my income has gone; and so how do I get help under the government scheme - I did a 2018/19 SA Tax return.

Then if I get government support based upon my 2018/19 SA Tax Return what happens if my income has not now actually stopped and I am able to work?

How will HMRC know that I am getting an income...

I have a suspicious mind - not about anyone posting here btw.