Having a laugh

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Organising a wee day away with a few mates. Elie are wanting £80 a round these days. Its a nice quirky fun track but that's it, its never worth £80 a round midweek.

Reality check needed.

Not necessarily a dig at Elie but (some) golf clubs need a reality check.

Montrose Medal on the other hand will do us £45 a skull if we book now and go out before 0900 midweek. Guess who is getting our money and breakfast and lunch!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Organising a wee day away with a few mates. Elie are wanting £80 a round these days. Its a nice quirky fun track but that's it, its never worth £80 a round midweek.

Reality check needed.

Montrose Medal on the other hand will do us £45 a skull if we book now and go out before 0900 midweek. Guess who is getting our money and breakfast and lunch!

A lot of courses across the UK charge a lot for what some consider average courses but in many cases they do get the visiting traffic at those prices so they must offer something.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Reality check needed.

this was on our Radar for the Autumn Jolly, but as you said £90 with no negotiation. most guys felt it was too much, esp as we had Ladybank, Panmuir , Monifieth or the New for much less.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
this was on our Radar for the Autumn Jolly, but as you said £90 with no negotiation. most guys felt it was too much, esp as we had Ladybank, Panmuir , Monifieth or the New for much less.

Its nice but (in my opinion) its not £80 nice, I was expecting £50 midweek. Was genuinely shocked when I went onto their website however as homer says I guess people are prepared to pay it.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Our midweek prices are £10 more than our weekend prices, strange but true, though you can't play before 1pm weekends round our track as visitors.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
£55 for midweek this year I'm told. You may have got one of those specials they come away with now and again.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Good course but even that’s a high price all things considered.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of it might be location / logistics.

I badly wanted to play Montrose when in St Andrews last year but couldn't justify going an hour North when i had to be home for 5/6 pm.

Ended up going to Elie, and have to admit I loved it. That said, the weather was brilliant and I've never played anywhere like that before. But I paid £70 and was happy I got vfm.

Appreciate not about Elie specifically but I'm not sure I'd pay that much to play it again, which is a crying shame as I think it's great fun in a lovely setting. I think they can charge that though because their location will give them enough footfall.

It's a shame some places charge seemingly daft green fees as it feels restrictive. But in the wider context though, sometimes their geography enables them to do so.

On the flip side there's some incredible golf to be played in some remote locations at a great price :thup: