Have Golf Vlogs UK lost their way?

Thenearlygoodgolfer

Visit site
As the title says, has Golf Vlogs UK lost its way?
i genuinely do like Liam as a guy and see what he is trying to do in showing the fun and not so serious side of golf. But his channel seems to have gone very stale, the last few videos have both been 3 hole money matches featuring his dad, OMP and the dick. Then it was Josh, then it was ebay Pete and now Josh again. Its all very repetitive. I know he doesnt do reviews or anything like that but he possibly needs to start looking at doing something else and possibly on different courses and not just Chorlton before his channel fades away. As i say i like him so hopefully he can do something soon before its too late and people start switching off.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to agree that some variety is needed. Think this is an issue for most golf vlogs, magazines and other media, there is only a certain amount that you can do with it. The bigger golf vlogers on youtube have the advantage that they are invited to events, have pros etc who will play with them and they are invited to the best courses. That is never realistically going to happen with Golf Vlogs as the lack of reviews means that there is limited contact with the companies that issue these invites. As I mentioned in another post, the social media community around Golf Vlogs is great, acting like the 'arrange a game' section of the forum.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was another topic on them recently: https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/this-is-what-you-call-a-vlog.103894/

I've only started watching it for the last three months really. I do find them quite funny for the most part, but since he elected to go full time and post a video every day, there are bound to be ones that don't stack up with the others. There's only so many ideas you can have really, and perhaps resolving to do one video every day was over-reaching somewhat.

Thenearlygoodgolfer

Visit site
There was another topic on them recently: https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/this-is-what-you-call-a-vlog.103894/

I've only started watching it for the last three months really. I do find them quite funny for the most part, but since he elected to go full time and post a video every day, there are bound to be ones that don't stack up with the others. There's only so many ideas you can have really, and perhaps resolving to do one video every day was over-reaching somewhat.
I completely agree with that. Then he went down to 6 videos a week but i still think he is over doing it. 2/3 videos a week is plenty, a part of me kind of thinks he is putting out videos for the sake of doing it. How many times can you watch the same videos before people start switching off? Theres only so many 3 hole matches you can watch with the same people before start turning off and going to another channel. He did have a good chance to make some decent content with GolfSidekick but that seems to of amounted to nothing which i think is a mistake on Liams part for not pursuing that

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I completely agree with that. Then he went down to 6 videos a week but i still think he is over doing it. 2/3 videos a week is plenty, a part of me kind of thinks he is putting out videos for the sake of doing it. How many times can you watch the same videos before people start switching off? Theres only so many 3 hole matches you can watch with the same people before start turning off and going to another channel. He did have a good chance to make some decent content with GolfSidekick but that seems to of amounted to nothing which i think is a mistake on Liams part for not pursuing that
Agree. I think Monday/Weds/Friday schedule for 3 a week would be plenty. His Friday videos tend to be the lessons with his club's pro, so maybe expand on that where Liam actually does the lesson himself every now and then, and then he only needs to have two good ideas for videos per week. I realise that he has done the daily videos for the ad revenue so he can do it as a full time job though, so maybe at 3 vids a week he'd have to work part time or something. But as it stands, diluting the quality over 6 vids a week may result in people switching off and less revenue anyway.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I watch him on an ad hoc basis - I often enjoy them but sometimes they do rather go on a bit...and I can't see myself signing up as a Golf Mate...:)

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I’m afraid I agree. I really like Liam, and I love the community he’s built, and how they help out (OMPs visit to Ireland, Josh going to the states, for example).

But the last few videos I’ve stopped watching after 5 minutes, because it’s just the same thing again.

I hope he can come up with a bit of variety, it’d be a shame for it to fade away...

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I see they’re at la Cala at the moment, big group of them, hopefully they’ll get some good stuff out of that. I watched the Ryder cup one he did and that was a good watch.

He definitely needs to vary it a bit though. Even if it was just visiting different courses, that would help. Play different formats as well instead of match play over 3 holes. Just copy what the other vloggers do but with his own character!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
No.
Still one of the best channels on YouTube.
For as long as I can remember there have been a lot of short matches and not many reviews, I like the matches.

His reviews are generally for something that none of the other clones would do as they're all to busy posing and believing that they're more important than they are.