Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Lottie has decided to accept her invitation to play in the Chevron to be played next week…the first pro women’s Major of the year. Now that’s a massive test and quite a challenge for her…🤞
Just seen her appear on Oddschecker.
400-1

Have not bet on a golf tournament since the 1980s, but I'm tempted to have 50p each way - 1/4 odds for 5 places. :):):)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have got our annual charity match today - 100 golfers from the 2 main winter societies from the club play 25 4bbb matches for a local charity. Sun is finally out, no rain for last 2 days so shorts and shades ready for what promises to be a great fun day. Just need to make sure our society wins to take back the trophy 🏆

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first 4BBB comp of the year where the new WHS rules are in use. The serial winner of these events is in for a reasonable cut after today’s comp, and about time. Just looked on WHS at his past scores and his best counting is currently 10.4. After today his best will be a 4.9 and will replace a 17.6😁

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The first 4BBB comp of the year where the new WHS rules are in use. The serial winner of these events is in for a reasonable cut after today’s comp, and about time. Just looked on WHS at his past scores and his best counting is currently 10.4. After today his best will be a 4.9 and will replace a 17.6😁
🙂 do you think he knew about the changes, or will there be outrage?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have got our annual charity match today - 100 golfers from the 2 main winter societies from the club play 25 4bbb matches for a local charity. Sun is finally out, no rain for last 2 days so shorts and shades ready for what promises to be a great fun day. Just need to make sure our society wins to take back the trophy 🏆
£2600 raised for charity

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a look at EG and he’s lost 2.4 from his HI. 😁

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing at Tecina Golf (on La Gomera). The nearby hotel - which provides most of the clients on the course - closed last week for a major refurbishment. So had the course practically to ourselves. Saw one other couple on the course. Was dry, had bounce, and run, and greens as slick as a slinky. Nice ....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to club for a few holes this afternoon. Chatting before going out with a member I kinda know he told me he had organised a charity day at Old Thorns in Hants tomorrow and someone had dropped out at last minute. Do I fancy playing. Why not. Not played it before and though it looks very corporate-resorty it’s in a nice setting. All paid for but I’ll prob do a donation to the charity (my town’s hospice).

The golf (15 holes) this afternoon was pretty decent. Had really good opportunities for birdies on 3,4,5 and 6 - holed none of them but got one on 10 and a second on 18. The fact that I’m creating multiple good birdie opportunities in a round is becoming more frequent and so v heartening. And that the course is drying out and coming along nicely after the deluges we’ve suffered…also heartening.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lottie has decided to accept her invitation to play in the Chevron to be played next week…the first pro women’s Major of the year. Now that’s a massive test and quite a challenge for her…🤞
Well done Lottie. Birdie on last hole for -1 after 1st rnd and T17. Very tidy. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Last edited: