St Patrick's Day golf balls

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I spotted on the TM USA site that they do a special edition St Patrick's Day golf ball, $49.99 a dozen. I like that sort of thing, so looked at the TM UK site, none posted. Emailed TM UK and they said they didn't have them. Well, I knew that much but I wanted to know how I could get them, no answer. Emailed TM USA, they said they couldn't ship outside the US.

Maybe TM should know that St Patrick's Day is a holiday in Ireland, north and south, where he did his thing, not the US which he never visited, and it might be reasonable to let people here buy them. Lots of eBay predators offering them at rip-off rates, won't be going near any of them. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have a new Stealth in the bag and a large order of other TM stuff. They didn't seem to mind taking those orders.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 22.54.28.png

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I spotted on the TM USA site that they do a special edition St Patrick's Day golf ball, $49.99 a dozen. I like that sort of thing, so looked at the TM UK site, none posted. Emailed TM UK and they said they didn't have them. Well, I knew that much but I wanted to know how I could get them, no answer. Emailed TM USA, they said they couldn't ship outside the US.

Maybe TM should know that St Patrick's Day is a holiday in Ireland, north and south, where he did his thing, not the US which he never visited, and it might be reasonable to let people here buy them. Lots of eBay predators offering them at rip-off rates, won't be going near any of them. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have a new Stealth in the bag and a large order of other TM stuff. They didn't seem to mind taking those orders.

View attachment 42148

Any American family to get them for you? Or someone going on holiday.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any American family to get them for you? Or someone going on holiday.

I know some people in the US, but it is a pain to ask them to do it, or expensive to use a courier. I would like to know what they won't sell these internationally, though, or won't provide some to their affiliates as they do with lots of other kit, including special edition head covers, bags etc.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It's not just TM, I've tried before to get stuff from TM, Ping and Cobra but none of them will ship to the UK. Many of the manufacturers do some great special edition clothing and other golf gear in the US, but don't supply elsewhere in the world, or ship to the UK. I like some of the William Murray gear, they do ship to the UK, but charge more for the shipping than the cost of the items.

It's almost like they have no market outside the US. Stopped following Ping on Instragram as they were constantly advertising some great casual t-shirts, but won't ship internationally. It's a shame really, you'd think by now that they would be looking at how they can increase sales instead of cutting of their own noses to spite their faces.

I have had a look at services like this MyUS but haven't tried them out yet. They offer a US postal address and then forward ship to the UK. There are a few others out there offering the same service.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I wonder if the delivery situation is made worse by all the instances of; ‘I never got it/I want to send it back/the driver dumped it in a river/some scroat nicked it from my doorstep’

Must be costly enough for senders when it’s a local/national delivery and a whole lot pricier for items sent internationally

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you think about it, this is the kind of the things that the "American Irish" will love and that is the target it is aimed at. I agree it is daft not to market them in Ireland, but that is the way the Americans think.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
They celebrate St Patricks in the US as much as Ireland.

My old job was in a US agency. Me and the Irish bloke were the only one that got any work done on the day!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

My old job was in a US agency. Me and the Irish bloke were the only one that got any work done on the day!

Cultural appropriation, if you ask me!

I used to work for a Boston company and some of them did have a few scoops that day.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

If you are a white American, then you are descended from the Irish - or so they think!

Genu9

Visit site

View attachment 42148
Didn't America invent St Patrick's Day. Seem to claim they invented everything else........As I used to remind my American work colleagues, the World found America, America didn't found the World.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't America invent St Patrick's Day. Seem to claim they invented everything else........As I used to remind my American work colleagues, the World found America, America didn't found the World.

No, they didn't. They invented putting green dye in the Chicago River.

Isn't a lot of this to do with import taxes and the like?

No, plenty of companies ship stuff, including golf manufacturers. I have bought plenty of stuff and used all the shippers in the game. I don't buy stuff that comes USPS (and hence Parcelforce), only couriers like FedEx.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site

View attachment 42148
Hiya

I remembered your post and saw this today at Clubhouse Golf - might be close to what you wantlbi_745ac290c7687b315452e943330858c5_140_140_ffffff_85.jpg

Shamrock Golf Balls

Steviefella

Visit site
Titleist have a decent range of St Patrick’s merch. With balls, bags and all sorts on offer.
Have a gander there9ACBF666-3759-47A9-B223-3EFCC2C1DFD0.jpg

Last edited: