Has anybody ever played "The Addington" in Surrey?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just recieved an email offer from the group that own Westerham Golf Club with details of the winter deals they are offering at their various courses.
One of the clubs they own is "The Addington" (which I have heard of but never played) and looking on the website for the course and reading reviews on the Golf UK guide it is rated very, very highly.
The offer is full English Breakfast and UNLIMITED golf for £50.00 per person.
Offer runs until March 31st and is only available Mon-Fri.
When do the clocks go back????
Anybody fancy a day off work?????

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great course and well worth a visit - especially at that price if you can squeeze 27 or 36 holes in.

Since Ron Noades bought the course last year (I think), a lot of clearance has been done off fairway and you shouldn't loose quite so many balls as you used to.

"The acclaimed golfing writer and former member Henry Longhurst described the 230 yard par 3, 13th hole as 'with the exception of the fifth at Pine Valley, near Philadelphia, the greatest one-shot hole in inland golf'. The 16th is also included in his all time great golf holes."

This is a picture of 13th. Only bail out area is short. http://www.addingtongolf.com/the-golf/course-gallery.php?page=image-detail&album=1&image=11

Because the course is now very busy it will be best to have a 4 ball otherwise they might put someone in to make up the 4. So, there's you and me so far Smiffy. Who else you got in mind?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Firstly, apologies for posting the thread twice. The site was playing up badly yesterday, taking ages to load so that's where the error came from.
To anybody interested....I have emailed the course to see if they can reserve 3 starting times "fairly early" so that we can get at least 27 holes in, maybe 36.
The date I have booked is FRIDAY 27TH MARCH. Fridays are the easiest for me to get off work and I wanted to leave it as late as possible to the offer cut off date to get the most hours of daylight that we can!
I will confirm the arrangements with everybody once I have heard back from the course.
I will be able to get a few mates of mine to make up the numbers and I have a couple of people interested from the Golf Magic site in coming along, so I should be able to get 12 people fairly easily.
As I say, will keep you posted but the date is (or will be once I hear back)....FRIDAY 27TH MARCH.
Rob