Handicap query

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening

Played in a bogey comp at ours yesterday.

My current HC is 20.3 and yesterday I completed every hole to finish with an 85 (par 72).

CSS was also 72

Now I’ve had a HC reduction. But it does not seem right.

Can I ask you learned people what you believe I should be cut?

Thanks

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Without your scorecard, no. As it was a Bogey comp, any handicap adjustment is gauged against the result of each hole, not the gross score for the round.

You may well, for instance, have had a gross birdie on a hole but that will still be counted as a win, when a gross par would have given you a win.

D

Deleted member 15344

Evening

Played in a bogey comp at ours yesterday.

My current HC is 20.3 and yesterday I completed every hole to finish with an 85 (par 72).

CSS was also 72

Now I’ve had a HC reduction. But it does not seem right.

Can I ask you learned people what you believe I should be cut?

Thanks
What was your bogey score

HC reductions are done from a Stableford equivalent

Ie - 1 up equals 37 points
3 equals 39 points

Etc

So for example if you scored 40 points and the CSS was level you would get and .8 cut of in cat 4

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
What was your bogey score

HC reductions are done from a Stableford equivalent

Ie - 1 up equals 37 points
3 equals 39 points

Etc

So for example if you scored 40 points and the CSS was level you would get and .8 cut of in cat 4

Surely 1.6 for Cat 4 - anyway he's Cat 3.

Springveldt

Visit site
Since you've just played a 6 under CSS round, if you produce another round that is 4 under CSS or better within your next 10 rounds you will also receive an ESR (Exceptional Scoring Reduction) that can range from 3.0 (very, very unlikely unless you hit a 14 under :) ) down to a 0.5 depending on what your score was and how many rounds where between them.

Check out page 56 of https://www.congu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-CONGU-Manual.pdf if you want to see how it works.