Self adjusting Query

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Played in a 4bbb medal today, I Scored on 14/18 holes however holed out on the other 4.

I had a brilliant round and was -4 my HC, something that is few and far between currently.

I assume as I holed out on every hole and kept log of score, with 2 witnesses who confirmed my gross score that I Could submit this as a supplementary card?

I’ve wrote out a new card post round today and got it signed by a playing partner.

Should this be accepted by the HC secretary? Unfortunately he’s not contactable this weekend.

I’m in a Single Stab board comp Tommorow so would like to self adjust which knocks me down a shot?

Just not sure how this works with SS etc when it’s been a better ball on the day as all scores are obviously under par.

D

Deleted member 15344

If it was in a 4BBB then the card can’t be enter or accepted for HC purposes

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Straight no to all questions raised as the others have intimated - but well played.

If it was a competition then you can submit you team score relative to the field and request that the handicap committee note it for consideration if they have other evidence that your handicap is too high but alone, even if you had shot 10 under your handicap, there isn't anything they can, or should, do with a non qualifying score.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks all, much appreciated. It’s amazing how answers vary at club level but this forum gets you a straight consistent answer that saves you messing about.

I best play well Tommorow then!

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is actually a specific paragraph in the CONGU manual stating you cannot submit a 4BBB supplementary card.

I only know as I had the same question as you a while ago and read the manual to find out :D

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dec.2(g) Status of Individual Competition played in conjunction with a 4BBB Competition

Where an individual competition score is returned concurrently with a 4BBB Competition, the individual competition cannot be Qualifying for handicap purposes. Some rules for a 4BBB are applied differently to an individual competition and, under the Rules of Golf, take precedence over the individual round. It is for this reason that it cannot be a qualifying score.