Handicap Lookup Post 1st April 2024

D

Deleted member 35504

Click on random links if you want to get hacked...

NearHull

Visit site
Our Handicap and Competition Committee are also searching around for information on how other organisations are handling the changes. We are specifically interested in Handicap Charts/Books/Display Boards and I’m hoping this forum will help in that search.

However, we are also looking at the best way of informing our members of the incoming changes. I think the EG slide pack is way too big in that it assumes zero or little knowledge of the current system. We were considering extracting the changes from that pack and putting together our own change presentation material, but then discovered Golf Ireland’s presentation material. I think it does the job.
https://www.golfireland.ie/2024-whs-update-resources

Now, back to the OP issue, displaying handicaps - my new starting point for information is Golf Ireland , I’ll be looking later today after I’ve finished the washing and ironing. ( I appreciate that ironing is an old fashion concept - but we like it 😀).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that. Don't forget to download or Save As to get your own copy otherwise you are just editing the file in my drive. I may have to resort to a hosting site to get round Onedrive Security.
Thanks. Done that. I've altered the course name and CRs etc. Is it possible for me to change the tee colours?

Genu9

Visit site
Thanks for that. Don't forget to download or Save As to get your own copy otherwise you are just editing the file in my drive. I may have to resort to a hosting site to get round Onedrive Security.
Thanks. Done that. I've altered the course name and CRs etc. Is it possible for me to change the tee colours?

If you DM me the colours you want and Course Data I'll send you an updated file.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
EG's regular email newsletter (to all registered members) that went out yesterday included some information and the new player reference guide.

Our club newsletter with an overview of the upcoming changes has already gone out to members and there's a poster on the main noticeboard.
I have logged into my EG, sent an email and received a standard response telling me to contact my Club.

All I want is the regular updates you mentioned. I added the dates but nothing was available.

Are you able to point me in the right direction please? There does not seem to be a link to ask for updates.

Many thanks

Genu9

Visit site
When you open the file the first thing you should do is File, Save As or Download. Then close the file and open your own version from wherever you saved it to.

wjemather

Visit site
I have logged into my EG, sent an email and received a standard response telling me to contact my Club.

All I want is the regular updates you mentioned. I added the dates but nothing was available.

Are you able to point me in the right direction please? There does not seem to be a link to ask for updates.

Many thanks
This is the newsletter that was sent out this week by EG (second item is about the WHS update): https://emailer.englandgolf.org/4ON0-1LNPP-6F87C211F19E0A4A3BXFN867A3D0F417B16777/cr.aspx

They have also sent info to counties and clubs, and there is a dedicated resources page on their website: https://www.englandgolf.org/2024-whs-update-resources

The national unions won't go much beyond this as it is ultimately the responsibility of clubs and handicap committees to educate their members, and they will insist on players going through the defined channels (player → club → county → EG → WHA).

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
We have our first handicap qualifying comp on Wednesday 3rd April.
It is a multi-tee medal. Red tees rated for men has been done recently.

I welcome the opportunity to be able to create and see the actual handicaps that I and other players will be using.
It is seeing the options available from a choice of three tees that is very informative.
I would have been able to create something for my own benefit, but this from the OP is, I believe, something that I can share with others very usefully.

Nothing remotely like this is available yet from my club or via England Golf that is specific to my club and course.
For me this is much better than a worded description about how it is going to be and being told that I do not need to bother seeing the arithmetic in action.

I suspect that come 3rd April many will have little clue about what their Playing Handicap will be from the three tees available and completely unable to make an informed choice.
Yet they will be required to make that choice.
This calculator will help them with being properly prepared to make that choice.
Whether playing handicap sheets will be on display in the weeks before April - I will just have to wait and see.
It is the imparting of factual information and how this is installed into the thinking and perceptions of club members is where our system of authority and participants is very weak indeed.

Last edited:

Genu9

Visit site
If you opened and saved the file and have found something that you think isn't correct, let me know. There are a lot of calculations in the background and experience has taught me there is always one bug. KISS

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
What does android park refer to please, and many thanks for doing this (y) (y)
As I was reminded by Genu9

One of the problems with Excel on a phone or tablet is that the display of the ‘current’ cell tends to obliterate the surrounding cells.
To avoid this there is a cell called ‘Android Park’ where you can ‘park’ the cursor and it does not interfere with any of the cells containing data.

Genu9

Visit site
If you opened and saved the file and have found something that you think isn't correct, let me know. There are a lot of calculations in the background and experience has taught me there is always one bug. KISS
As the EG version on 1.18 has obviously found out.

Waiting for the Smiley face reaction.......

Genu9

Visit site
With the issue of V2.4 of Guidance, I need to update the 'Foresomes' matchplay calculation which I will do in the next day or so. This will be V2024_1.5 and those that have downloaded the previous version will need to re-download.

I'll catch up with those with customised versions after I've issued the update.