Handicap Changes Season 2024

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
24 competitive rounds, usually do over 30, no GP scores.

Started 4.3 went up to 5.4 and back down to 4.3.
Then, last comp of the year, second best score dropped off and I went to up 4.6.

My 8 best are all in my most recent 12.
When competitive golf starts next year, I will have 8 goes where the only way is down. And I expect it to.
Then I will start going up again as I struggle to match the ones dropping off.
I will have no such thing as "form" and my ability probably won't change, but my handicap will change quite a bit over the months, I imagine. But it will always be correct. :)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only have 6 rounds in this season 3 of which are in my top 8 scores the other 3 were just disappointing.
My 20 scores date back to 2022 .. I don’t put in GP cards, because I don’t have time to arrange games. I show up in the evening in the summer and play. Weekends are wasted with school homework, setting up for the next week and social stuff .. plus my wife is a photographer and people like their sessions at the weekend.
I think I went from 9.6 to 9.2 .. but truth is if I get some time that will come down.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Started the year at 16.4, briefly down to 16.1 before going all the way up to 19.3. Have since come down a little to 18.8.

24 qualifiers and no GP cards.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
1.8 to 3.6.

Can’t complain. I’ve had 4 or 5 decent rounds but lots of bang average ones. Combination of a joining a new course and learning big fast , sloping greens.

Fun season though. Once the season got going I can only think of 1 or 2 times the waterproofs have been on aswell.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Update. Now back up to 7.0 after a disappointing stableford yesterday. Still okay, and now I've got 8 non-counting scores to drop off, so time to sort the swing kinks. In winter. 🤣

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Started 18.8
Highest 19.3
Lowest 18.3
Current 18.3

20 cards from qualifying comps.

Feel like I’ve improved a good bit over the last couple of months, but the cards don’t really reflect that.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Started at 9.3.
Lowest 8.3.
Current 8.7.

Not played too many comp rounds (only ten) owing to surgery mid-summer, but been pretty consistent when I have put cards in.

TigerTime

Visit site
Started at 16.5 or in that ballpark.

Currently at 11.4 - my lowest ever. However the last few rounds have been more like a 20 handicap - so my sweet spot of form in July/August has fell off a cliff, but at least I peaked at the right time this year.

Springveldt

Visit site
Started: 5.6
Highest: 5.6
Lowest: 3.0
Current: 3.0

Been a good season, the change to a links course with good, true running greens has certainly helped. It looks like a massive improvement (well it is) but the season before I did go from a low of 3.5 up to 5.6.

I just find my current course much easier to score but the course rating and slope aren't that much different from my old course. Current course has a CR 0.4 above par and a slope of 135, while the old course had a CR 1.1 above par and a 139 slope. One of the lads I play with finds it the opposite, he's far more confident of scoring better at our old course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just find my current course much easier to score but the course rating and slope aren't that much different from my old course. Current course has a CR 0.4 above par and a slope of 135, while the old course had a CR 1.1 above par and a 139 slope. One of the lads I play with finds it the opposite, he's far more confident of scoring better at our old course.
My scores, gross, at Arcot were generally better than my current place, despite slope being harder at Arcot. It just suited my strengths better, or my current place exposes the weaknesses more 😄 . It's what suits . Good for you that your new place suits you, sir......😂