Good Luck Rangers

C

c1973

Nope merely misread the post.

A second division team with second highest wage bill in Scotland don't forget ;)

Wonder how many united will stick past them next week?

On today's showing? Quite a few I would imagine! Who knows though, we might hit a bit of form. Lol

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
But they will have the platform to attract the better players will they not ? They have the stadium to fill , they will get the sponsorship , they are still a big club doing what is needed to get back into the Prem. 3 years ago whilst in the prem they won it did they not ? What's stopping them getting to that stage again

They cant fill the stadium as it is for the "journey", seemingly cannot attract a shirt sponsor for next year. That will only be compounded when mid table mediocrity beckons. There will be a hard core of around 15000 supporters the rest will fade away. All of that plus they dont have a pot to piss in now!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
But as I said earlier we are still the ONLY show in town and today has been another beautiful gift from the gift that just continues to keep giving.

Sweet as a nut.

Also I see the bears have decided to try and roll the clock back to Manchester and smash Edinburgh up today.......salt of the earth them bears,they really are.

D

Deleted member 15344

Jesus where do I start. All anti Rangers folk are bigots,Rangers would provide a challenge in the league,Dundee instead of Dundee United..........that's just for starters.

There is also the mis understanding that Rangers have done well winning their league again and getting to a cup semi despite the fact they are in league 1.:mad:

So why wouldn't Rangers provide a challenge when they get back into the Prem or are you judging that on what they are like right now and not seeing the possibilities that a club of that size can provide ?

Regardless of anything past - Rangers are a massive club both in stature and name and history and are rebuilding themselves

It's clear for anyone to see - English , Irish or Welsh to see that they would have the platform to build a strong enough team in the Premiership to provide a challenge. They would be able to attract the better players and the league needs them to provide that challenge because no one else can or have the platform to build a challenge - me being English doesn't stop me from observing and seeing what's clear.

D

Deleted member 15344

But as I said earlier we are still the ONLY show in town and today has been another beautiful gift from the gift that just continues to keep giving.

Sweet as a nut.

Also I see the bears have decided to try and roll the clock back to Manchester and smash Edinburgh up today.......salt of the earth them bears,they really are.

If "we" is Celtic then great - you win a one team league again - not exactly a challenge is it.

C

c1973

Anyway, I'm out, only came on to point out the inaccuracies / nonsense in a couple of posts and to confirm Rangers are still the same club. :)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So why wouldn't Rangers provide a challenge when they get back into the Prem or are you judging that on what they are like right now and not seeing the possibilities that a club of that size can provide ?

Regardless of anything past - Rangers are a massive club both in stature and name and history and are rebuilding themselves

It's clear for anyone to see - English , Irish or Welsh to see that they would have the platform to build a strong enough team in the Premiership to provide a challenge. They would be able to attract the better players and the league needs them to provide that challenge because no one else can or have the platform to build a challenge - me being English doesn't stop me from observing and seeing what's clear.

They are currently on the brink of going tits up.....again. Losing £1m a month and there is a real doubt they will see Christmas.If,not when, they make it back they will be a shadow of what Rangers were before they died and i would worry more about Aberdeen then that lot to mount a challenge so that is how much of a threat they may be.

£6m wage bill to win a tin pot league where average wage is what £200 a week not £4k.....total madness but hey it's the 'The Rangers Way'.:smirk:

They are anything but rebuilding themselves so as I said maybe try dealing in facts before posting.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...our game is utter pish.

From the 3-4 years, in a couple of stints, I experienced it up there, that seems an appropriate amendment!:whistle:

It's quite possible that Celtic will stagnate too, though the lure of 'guaranteed' Champions League football may be attractive for some.

D

Deleted member 15344

They cant fill the stadium as it is for the "journey", seemingly cannot attract a shirt sponsor for next year. That will only be compounded when mid table mediocrity beckons. There will be a hard core of around 15000 supporters the rest will fade away. All of that plus they dont have a pot to piss in now!

Again you appear to be judging on right now and being blinkered to the potential of the club - 3 years ago they were winning titles and having full stadiums. Get back inti the premiership and the potential to do that again is there

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Again you appear to be judging on right now and being blinkered to the potential of the club - 3 years ago they were winning titles and having full stadiums. Get back inti the premiership and the potential to do that again is there

Again like most Liverpool fans you hark back to days gone by. The "fans" wont hang around waiting and it isnt going to happen straight away. The free money they enjoyed has dried up along with the EBT's to attract the real quality of players they used to. That allied with the fact they are currently burning through £1M a month MORE than they need to as well as having no credit facilities well surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what comes next. They will become Scotland's equivalent of Leeds getting passed about like an old scud book ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

They are currently on the brink of going tits up.....again. Losing £1m a month and there is a real doubt they will see Christmas.If,not when, they make it back they will be a shadow of what Rangers were before they died and i would worry more about Aberdeen then that lot to mount a challenge so that is how much of a threat they may be.

£6m wage bill to win a tin pot league where average wage is what £200 a week not £4k.....total madness but hey it's the 'The Rangers Way'.:smirk:

They are anything but rebuilding themselves so as I said maybe try dealing in facts before posting.

Worry about Aberdeen ?! Only the 28 points behind :rofl:

The longer it's a one club league and it is clearly then the league will suffer - you should want Rangers to provide the challenge , you should want them giving you a run because that's the sort of challenge telly companies want to see to provide the finances to improve the league.

Well when Rangers get back into the Prem and expect they will I also expect them to improve the league by providing a challenge - an old firm derby itself will provide more interest let alone a title challenge.

Celtic need Rangers in that league or Celtic will suffer with a lack of challenge

D

Deleted member 15344

Again like most Liverpool fans you hark back to days gone by. The "fans" wont hang around waiting and it isnt going to happen straight away. The free money they enjoyed has dried up along with the EBT's to attract the real quality of players they used to. That allied with the fact they are currently burning through £1M a month MORE than they need to as well as having no credit facilities well surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what comes next. They will become Scotland's equivalent of Leeds getting passed about like an old scud book ;)

Who I support has zero relevance

I guess as long as you see Rangers suffer that's all that matters - when do you reckon the league will be win next year ? feb ? jan

Will it be more than one defeat next year ?

A league with zero competition for the title will suffer - good luck

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read my post again - carefully!

Did I actually say you were?

:confused:

I believe you've made wrong assumption that I support Rangers! That's what can happen when you 'read between the lines'!:whistle:

You may well be right though. Then again, you may well be wrong.:rolleyes:

Read my post again - carefully.

Did I actually say you were a Rangers supporter?

I didn't even remotely hint that I thought you were.

That's what happens when you make assumptions ;)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Worry about Aberdeen ?! Only the 28 points behind :rofl:

The longer it's a one club league and it is clearly then the league will suffer - you should want Rangers to provide the challenge , you should want them giving you a run because that's the sort of challenge telly companies want to see to provide the finances to improve the league.

Well when Rangers get back into the Prem and expect they will I also expect them to improve the league by providing a challenge - an old firm derby itself will provide more interest let alone a title challenge.

Celtic need Rangers in that league or Celtic will suffer with a lack of challenge

It makes no difference at all if they are here or not.Not one. If they are it's a 2 horse race,if they are not it's a 1 horse and we reap the financial rewards for that IF we make it through to the CL proper. The rest of the league suffers as much if they are here.Ask any fan in the top league if they have missed them and no-one has.

Huge myth. 2 years ago we were threatened by all the suits in Scottish Football that this was the beginning of the end when they died.We were told that Newco must,must go straight into the top league or we would all go to the wall.............. 2 years later and what has happened? Clubs have cut their cloth,more youngsters are getting the chance to play and things are looking brighter than they were back then.

Armageddon indeed. :smirk:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Got to, sort of, agree with you Phil. I seem to remember Man Utd dropping out of the top flight, about 1974-ish, but by the early 90's were winning the league/cups. The major difference though, is Utd didn't go bust.

D

Deleted member 15344

It makes no difference at all if they are here or not.Not one. If they are it's a 2 horse race,if they are not it's a 1 horse and we reap the financial rewards for that IF we make it through to the CL proper. The rest of the league suffers as much if they are here.Ask any fan in the top league if they have missed them and no-one has.

Huge myth. 2 years ago we were threatened by all the suits in Scottish Football that this was the beginning of the end when they died.We were told that Newco must,must go straight into the top league or we would all go to the wall.............. 2 years later and what has happened? Clubs have cut their cloth,more youngsters are getting the chance to play and things are looking brighter than they were back then.

Armageddon indeed. :smirk:

And the league is over as a competition by March :thup:

Other teams won't miss them because now they have a chance of getting second as opposed to fighting for third

The league is just irrelevant now - no one has come Celtic and won't do. Might as well give the trophy to them in August and don't bother playing the games - it's a nonsense. Do you really think a league can go on like that?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
And the league is over as a competition by March :thup:

Other teams won't miss them because now they have a chance of getting second as opposed to fighting for third

The league is just irrelevant now - no one has come Celtic and won't do. Might as well give the trophy to them in August and don't bother playing the games - it's a nonsense. Do you really think a league can go on like that?

It is no different to a period in the late 80's and 90's where the league was a one horse race.Scottish football is stronger now that it was 2 years ago without a doubt because clubs have started to cut their cloth Hearts excepted but their troubles are akin to that lots too.

Look I know you don't like to accept that I am right but on you go if you want to argue til you are blue in the face.No pun intended.;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Read my post again - carefully.

Did I actually say you were a Rangers supporter?

I didn't even remotely hint that I thought you were.

That's what happens when you make assumptions ;)

And again; read my post carefully.

Good to note we agree about assumptions though! :whistle:

C

c1973

In that case provide the proof please.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/...grades-rangers-status-but-recognises-history/

Not sure if the link works, but it should be proof enough that Rangers are the same club. Pretty sure it will disappoint you, but hey ho the truths the truth.

Now, If you all want a good scottish football story Google 'celtic fc, co-op bank, glasgow council, Labour party and dodgy land deals'. It's really interesting. Currently being investigated by the EU never mind UEFA!!

State Aid?? Now that's naughty. Not to mention against EU law and UEFA FFP rules.

Now, I really am out. :)