Good course south of Birmingham on m40 route ?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Near to the M40 at the Banbury junction is Cherwell Edge GC.
Green fees from £20.
Good course, too.

As for Shirley, it's not £25. That's a special pre-booked winter rate.
Not likely to be in great condition and has snooty members, as does anywhere in Solihull.
I know. I live there!

Silhillian

Visit site
Green fees from £20.
Good course, too.

Not likely to be in great condition and has snooty members, as does anywhere in Solihull.
I know. I live there!
I joined Shirley GC in June 2021 and can speak from personal experience that the members are not snooty. There are circa 600 members of one kind or another so of course there are going to be lots of personalities but everyone I have met have been nothing but friendly.

D

Deleted member 1740

Off the top of my head Coventry GC isn't too far away, though I could be wrong.

I'm sure Fishy would be happy to sign you on there as it's his course.

Just to be clear, it's not his and he doesn't own it, he's just a member there.?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I joined Shirley GC in June 2021 and can speak from personal experience that the members are not snooty. There are circa 600 members of one kind or another so of course there are going to be lots of personalities but everyone I have met have been nothing but friendly.
I've never played it even though I live there because I've been told to avoid on more than one occasion.
A few years ago they wanted more members and were offering a free trial round.
Checked it on line and it turned out to be only 9 holes with a member.
They wouldn't have offered my type a membership form anyway.
That would also go for the other courses in Solihull - Olton, Copt Heath and Robin Hood.

I've still played about 450 courses in the rest of Britain.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Stratford Oaks just off the M40 near to Stratford Upon Avon. A beautiful course and personal favourite.

Just down the road you have The Warwickshire (has two courses Earls and Kings). Great set up here.

And just round the corner from there you have Kenilworth Golf club.

All courses on are on the A46 road off the M40. All courses within 10 minutes of the Longbridge Island in Warwick.

Spoilt for choice

D

Deleted member 1740

Fish has changed clubs @Stuart_C but I enjoyed playing Coventry when he organized games there.

Ah right I didn't know. I'm surprised he's moved on from there, he was very proud of it. Where is he now?

I enjoyed the course when I played it tbh.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Green fees from £20.
Good course, too.

I know. I live there!
Cherwell is nice but very poorly drained.
You would get a better game at Tadmarton, I think it’s the best draining course in the area.
If you want to come another 45-60minutes south Ellesborough is a good round and drains well.