Golfing in Storm Eunice?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Our storm's called 'Emnati' due to pass tomorrow, but we should miss the worst of it. Tee booked for half 8 so i'm hoping we get done before any restrictions on movement outdoors etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course Closed
Rightly so in my opinion we have a lot of trees many of which are very old and we always lose some in high winds let alone the amount of fallen branches flying around the place.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I woke at 6.45am for my 8am tee time, logged onto BRS, cancelled and went back to sleep.

I’ll play in most weather, but even I have limits.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did like the e-mail from our club today - "The Seniors' competition today has been cancelled" - that came under the "No s--- Sherlock" category.
Course is closed - like many others, I'm not going out. Nearest I can remember to this was being in Clearwater, Florida in 1998 when Hurricane Georges came through.
I'm down two fence panels so far but my bin has just overtaken next door's and is now in the Silver Medal position. The one across the road is 15-years old and comes from Russia so is bound to win.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course closed. I live just outside Portsmouth. 122mph gust at the Needles on the Isle of Wight. Tad lively round here.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
In my part of the NE someone has decided to give us a day off from gale force winds and so the predicted 50 mph winds have not materialised. However, last night's deluge means the course is closed anyway.

If it had been open we would have played in anything under 45mph, after that the course is supposed to shut, but I think the Head Greenkeepers anemometer is goosed, so it could be higher.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We’re fishing south of Lofoten and it’s flat calm here ?
Don’t know how lucky you are down south I’ve only played 3 times this year because of wind and rain. ?

At home in Shetland we get severe weather every winter so were well used to a lot of wind.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I did go out and play this morning, but we dont even in a yellow warning. It was cold ish but bright and surprising flat calm. Got about 8 holes in before it started to snow, by the 10th tee it was really starting to settle. By the green we gave up and headed in.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
We are near Blackpool.

Have just taken our dogs out as there was a break in the weather before the wind really gets up later this afternoon. The sea was blowing spray about 70 yards inland to the road (which is also well above the level of the promenade). We gave up after about 30 minutes and walked back on the road. By then it was hard to walk in a straight line.

Took a quick snap :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2512.JPG

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Took the day off work today. Could get in as I get a lift but as expected all the trains from Reading back home cancelled so would have stranded in Reading (even the local buses cancelled due to fallen trees). Course shut and aside from losing an upright bird feeder, touch wood so far so good. Winds seems to be calming a notch but still the odd really powerful gust that gets your attention. No way I'd consider playing or even going to a driving range and if we are open tomorrow still think it'll be more than hard in the winds forecast