Golfing in Storm Eunice?

Swango1980

Visit site
Anyone golfing today in the storm? Would be interested how you get on. Our course is closed due to the high winds, which is fair enough as there are a lot of trees (I'm working anyway, so wouldn't have played).

There is a sadistic part of me that would love to play today just for the comedy value. One of the highest winds I played in before, the 1st required a 95 yard carry over a pond (the front of the pond being 65 yards away). Into a monumental wind, so I took a 4 iron. Struck well, except for the fact that it was a high spin shot of an amateur. Finished about 10 yards short of the pond :-$

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our course is closed. I’m sat in my “office” (spare bedroom) working and the wind is horrendous. The chap opposite has already lost two roof tiles and some others are flapping around. The wind over on Portland is already over 65 mph. I expect we will lose a few trees on the golf course.

AliMc

Visit site
Just had a wee look at the webcam at Dunbar, there are a few puddles on the path to the 1st tee and the flag is blowing a bit on the flagpole, can't see anyone playing, probably got more sense !

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I will not be leaving the house let alone trying to play golf. Not my idea of fun. My course is also closed, I'd have thought the majority are.

Owners of my club do not shut for silly things like a bit of wind! :ROFLMAO: Maybe if they actually see a pig flying they might.... But still only a maybe!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The fertiliser is hitting the fan around here..
Thames Valley Police twitter feed showing multiple trees down, some power lines about to go over, lorry overturned and Robin (Fish) reporting trees down on the M40.
122 mph gust at the needles now...

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Our course is shut.

We are wondering if Eunice will finally finish off our 450yo Oak Tree on the 11th.

Its dying and over the last few years had developed a split, we've had all manner of experts come and look at it over the last year with various remedial actions taken but the split continued to widen and the tree was declared dying and unsafe. But due to preservation orders the club is unable to do anything to make it safe....like cut the damned thing down!! Last summer a third of the tree split away from the main trunk and yet still the club is barred from doing anything about it.

The best thing for all concerned is that Eunice finishes it off once and for all.