Golf weekend away UK

Bbothwell

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all.

Planning a golf weekend away for me and some friends. Looking to get some ideas from people who have visited similar places before. Previously we have done The Belfry and Forest Pines, enjoying them both. Not looking at breaking the bank, around £200 or less for one night and a couple of rounds of golf.

Have an idea to do 1 night away at a 'resort' with a couple of rounds there. Would be nice to find a course to play at on the travel to there as well. Travelling from near Peterborough

Any ideas and inspiration would be great!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all.

Planning a golf weekend away for me and some friends. Looking to get some ideas from people who have visited similar places before. Previously we have done The Belfry and Forest Pines, enjoying them both. Not looking at breaking the bank, around £200 or less for one night and a couple of rounds of golf.

Have an idea to do 1 night away at a 'resort' with a couple of rounds there. Would be nice to find a course to play at on the travel to there as well. Travelling from near Peterborough

Any ideas and inspiration would be great!

Barham broom in Norwich

I’m going in May overnight 2 rounds £99 including room , dinner and breakfast

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
from where youre based forest of arden would be a decent option. could also consider the oxfordshire if coming south, if heading north would look at Nottingham area

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Greetham Valley in Rutland is good. Range, 9 hole par 3, comfortable hotel and two courses. We paid £120 to share £150 own room 2 rounds b&b& evening meal in September.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thorpeness in Suffolk and Bowood in Wiltshire were both excellent last year when I visited them

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Woodhall Spa, ticks all your boxes except on site accommodation, although there are several options within a couple of minutes. Bookable via the golf club andwith a small deposit, with the balance payable when you get there.

Two absolutely quality golf courses, and a very good curry house in the town.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Woodhall Spa, ticks all your boxes except on site accommodation, although there are several options within a couple of minutes. Bookable via the golf club andwith a small deposit, with the balance payable when you get there.

Two absolutely quality golf courses, and a very good curry house in the town.
This^^^^^^ is your best bet by miles... Golf & accommodation are top notch... from your base the Curry House maybe ok... but from Leeds... forget it.!!
Hotel carvery is a better bet IMO

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No arguments with Woodhall Spa!!

Also, from your area, you could go the North Norfolk Coast... take your pick of Hunstanton , Sherringham Cromer or Brancaster... plenty of accommodation about.

Totally left field, Bowood in Wiltshire, hotel on Site, pay Frilford Heath on the way down?

The list is endless

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Find a Premier Inn that has a pub attached and either a 'spoons or a Supermarket nearby. So that's cheap accomodation and breakfast sorted. Then have it near a few courses. Then you can have a three day trip for £150.

This is what I do every year. Loads to choose from.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Find a Premier Inn that has a pub attached and either a 'spoons or a Supermarket nearby. So that's cheap accomodation and breakfast sorted. Then have it near a few courses. Then you can have a three day trip for £150.

This is what I do every year. Loads to choose from.

We've always stayed on a hotel resort style but have decided to do it similar to the above this year. Travelodge family rooms for £30, spoons across the road and a couple of decent courses to play.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
A group of friends and I have an annual weekend away, we always look at the hotel on site option so nobody has to drive to the course 'the morning after'.
Booking early enough can save quiet a bit, booked Forest Pines for the last weekend in March, one night 2 rounds, for a little over £100.

D

Deleted member 21258

Barnham Broom

Abbotsley

You don't mention time of year but maybe Princes in Kent in the lodges

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Machrihanish Dunes.

And that'll be a good 10hr drive ....... for a remarkable experience all ways round.... lovely Lodges to stay over in as well..... depends how adventurous you really are. :whistle: Its where I'm hoping to be on the Royal Scroungers Wedding Weekend :whoo::whoo:

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Plenty of shouts for Barnham Broom. it's a decent resort with good facilities and 2 decent courses.

Equally good is the Vale resort in Cardiff. There's some good deals there at the moment.