Best Weekend Stay Golf Trips

BillyGolf

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Looking for a first trip away for a 1 night, 2 round trip across different courses. Doesn’t have to be same venue for the two courses, just somewhere in reasonable driving distance.

Most common one would be Belfry but wondering if anyone recommends anywhere else? Seen places like Belton Woods which offer onsite stays too.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’s a question which is regularly asked here. What sort of area are you looking at?

Over the years we’ve done The Vale, Celtic Manor, St Pierre, Carden Park, The Oxfordshire, Stoke By Nayland to name just a few. All have been good for different reasons.

If you give us an idea of area and budget you’ll get some good suggestions.

BillyGolf

Visit site
It’s a question which is regularly asked here. What sort of area are you looking at?

Over the years we’ve done The Vale, Celtic Manor, St Pierre, Carden Park, The Oxfordshire, Stoke By Nayland to name just a few. All have been good for different reasons.

If you give us an idea of area and budget you’ll get some good suggestions.
Apologies, should’ve been more specific.

I’m from Nottingham so pretty central, would definitely only be looking in England, probably 2/3 hours away drive maximum?

Thanks for the suggestions, will give them a look into

D

Deleted member 1147

In the west Mids you have the Belfry and Forest of Arden. Both within an hour of Nottm.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You haven't given a cost guide so at this point I'll throw in a Alwoodley/ Moortown combo. If you look on either club website they will have details. It's a lovely trip and a doddle for you from Nottingham.

Only downside, it isn't cheap.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I wanted to dislike Forest Pines, but I actually really enjoyed the course(s)

The service in the restaurant however.....🤕
You haven't given a cost guide so at this point I'll throw in a Alwoodley/ Moortown combo. If you look on either club website they will have details. It's a lovely trip and a doddle for you from Nottingham.

Only downside, it isn't cheap.
Great shout. But it's getting to the point where you need to know a member, or sell a kidney!🤣🤣🤣

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve enjoyed trips to stoke by nayland (Essex) and barnham broom (Norwich).

Both great value, both sites offered two courses on site both with completely different layouts.

If you try barham broom, be warned the barmaid knocked up a great g&t which resulted in a short taxi to Norwich and a pretty eventful evening based on the stories I was told….. but still yet to remember.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve enjoyed trips to stoke by nayland (Essex) and barnham broom (Norwich).

Both great value, both sites offered two courses on site both with completely different layouts.

Plus one for barham broom :, very enjoyable

Going stoke by nayland this year looking forward

I'd add princes , and east Sussex national to the list (oops bit far)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you’re considering Belton Woods, you should hit up AmateurPhoebe, she could probably host you too.

Forest Pines has always been a good venue for the Old Farts meets, 3 9’s which are different and a hotel on site
I think that she is only visiting, not a member.

Kilbey

Visit site
We did Clyne in Wales last year, travelling from Brum. Accommodation and brekkie were both good. Clyne is a pleasant enough track and, for a modest upcharge, they'll book you a tee time on another local course for you. We chose Pennard, which was fantastic. If my health permits we'll be returning this year and playing Langland Bay as the second course. It's also a short taxi ride to The Mumbles area which has some good pubs (a cracking craft beer bar) and decent choice of restaurants.

The Fader

Visit site
If you haven't already been (as it's right on your doorstep), I thoroughly enjoyed The Nottinghamshire.

Two decent courses on site. One hole has one of the most unique greens I have ever played.

Hotel was very comfortable and food was good solid golfer's fayre.