Golf Simulators

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Anyone got or use a simulator at your club?
We had one installed last summer and apart from the normal use of club fittings, lessons, practise etc the club has it available for social use, ie, last night 4 of us played Wolf Creek (thousands of courses available to choose from) cost was £20.00 per head and includes 2 Beers/drinks each, and 2 sharing platters of food, took a little under 3 hours and was a great laugh.
Tonight we have a knockout comp on, 1 v 1, 3 shots at the flag at 150, 3 scoring rings, 25, 50, 100 points, highest combined score advances to next round, first prize £50.00, also beer promotion on.
Does anyone have or use anything similar.
One other thing we do, is turn on auto putting for when players hit the green, system then automatically gives a 1 or 2 putt depending on distance, trying to read the greens while putting on the mat is nigh on impossible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had one installed last summer and apart from the normal use of club fittings, lessons, practise etc the club has it available for social use, ie, last night 4 of us played Wolf Creek (thousands of courses available to choose from) cost was £20.00 per head and includes 2 Beers/drinks each, and 2 sharing platters of food, took a little under 3 hours and was a great laugh.
Tonight we have a knockout comp on, 1 v 1, 3 shots at the flag at 150, 3 scoring rings, 25, 50, 100 points, highest combined score advances to next round, first prize £50.00, also beer promotion on.
One other thing we do, is turn on auto putting for when players hit the green, system then automatically gives a 1 or 2 putt depending on distance, trying to read the greens while putting on the mat is nigh on impossible.
That's a good call. The one time I tried to play an actual round of golf on a simulator like this, tried to putt against it was horrendous.

£20 for 3 hours entertainment and a couple of beers sounds amazing value! Wish I knew somewhere near me that did that. Would have been perfect last weekend when the courses were all closed. We ended up going Top Golf instead.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ironically it was exactly 2 years ago today I played wolf creek

Attachments

• 666C6836-A42A-4604-8860-7613C3F913DF.jpeg
    666C6836-A42A-4604-8860-7613C3F913DF.jpeg
    794.2 KB · Views: 28
D

Deleted member 16999

Ironically it was exactly 2 years ago today I played wolf creek
All of us were saying how good it would be to play the actual course, although I did wear shorts as well:)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
i genuinely dont think there is another course like it in the world, conditioning was immaculate and it was surprisingly fair (Especially off the tee).

with regards to the simulator, putting auto putt on is absolutely the way forward

D

Deleted member 16999

That's a good call. The one time I tried to play an actual round of golf on a simulator like this, tried to putt against it was horrendous.

£20 for 3 hours entertainment and a couple of beers sounds amazing value! Wish I knew somewhere near me that did that. Would have been perfect last weekend when the courses were all closed. We ended up going Top Golf instead.
The daft thing is, it’s open and available to anyone and we advertise on facebook/twitter/instagram and done leaflet drops, but when we visit local clubs to ask if we can put a leaflet up we’re met with a lot of negativity, it’s taken as we’re trying to poach members! even when we explain the price on the simulator is no different they are still not interested

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have one, was a real waste of money no one ever uses it as it now inevitably breaks down mid round, lots tried it when they first got it, even me, broke down on the 2nd hole of Pinehurst twice.

right about the putting, was a waste of time too, on the green in two, all 4 of us 10 putted:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club is building an extension with a new lounge area and 3 bays installed in it all with trackman 4 and the SIM. The pro is going to rent one from the club for fits/lessons etc but other two will be for use of the members. Looking forward to using it on days where the weather is too poor to use the practice area.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Loved them, ironically haven't been on our simulator but they had a great facility in Birmingham (10 years back) which was perfect for an evenings entertainment and drinks.

Even putting wasn't too hard once you'd established the pace of a 10 foot putt. Then you could get within the gimmie range of c.5/6 ft no problem. Just don't play Valderama as you're not getting through those trees.

D

Deleted member 16999

How does it decide to give you a one or two putt? Is it based on average for your handicap?
Distance from the hole, each green is overlayed with gridlines (once you reach it) showing the breaks etc, once you’re inside the gridlines, it decides.