Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Holy poop! Went in for the Wed rollup this morning. The new April handicaps with adjustments have been posted. My playing handicap dropped from 7 to 5. Pretty well all 17 who showed up today (rain hit just after we finished) lost 2 shots. Talk about grumbling. I haven't been paying attention to why this was happening, but I had at least seen on places like this that there would be some adjustments. Ouch.
The same happened to us at the beginning of the week. Our summer course (remember summer?) is par 71, CR 71, so no change. Our winter course is par 69, CR 65.7, 2 shots off everyone. The vast majority of members had no idea that it was in the pipeline.

A lad I play with was slated to be off scratch for Tuesdays Stableford, a bit of a jaw-dropper for him 😁

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Holy poop! Went in for the Wed rollup this morning. The new April handicaps with adjustments have been posted. My playing handicap dropped from 7 to 5. Pretty well all 17 who showed up today (rain hit just after we finished) lost 2 shots. Talk about grumbling. I haven't been paying attention to why this was happening, but I had at least seen on places like this that there would be some adjustments. Ouch.
What's an April handicap?

Mandofred

Visit site
If I'm correct (sometimes I am), I saw a number of posts over the last month or two pertaining to an adjustment in the WHS. I have no idea what they were going to do....above my pay grade. But IFFFF I am correct I saw comments saying it was happening this month. If not....some golf nerd on here that worries constantly about the WHS system can give better details.

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The way playing handicaps are calculated from your Handicap Index has changed. Players now have lower playing handicap (course dependent) and this means, when playing stableford competitions 36 points is closer to playing to your handicap and scores in the high 40s should become a lot rarer

Alan Clifford

Visit site
The way playing handicaps are calculated from your Handicap Index has changed. Players now have lower playing handicap (course dependent) and this means, when playing stableford competitions 36 points is closer to playing to your handicap and scores in the high 40s should become a lot rarer
Ah right, playing handicaps. Sorry, I was a tad confused with the "April handicaps ... have been posted"

The Fader

Visit site
As a visitor he probably had no idea it was carry only, unless the pro told him when he paid his green fees.

Quite a few visitors on Saturday. Everyone else carried, so I find it difficult to accept he wasn't told at check in or when the
booking was made.

Wasn't you was it??:unsure:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
IMG20240410124037_copy_1024x768.jpg
Ridiculous how much better I am at golf on a Sim to a course 😂

My mate is off about 26

My index is 24

Yeah just the plus 12 on the sim .. was really launching that driver and striping the irons

If only

(Even the 9 was because I smashed a 3 wood beautiful.. didn't realise the SIM had me aiming at the sea.. straight in lol) 🤣

mister v

Visit site
I know it’s coming ……..The inevitable waffle by the sky commentary team while they wait for the official broadcaster to show some live masters golf.

And don’t start me on “patrons” although had I been lucky in the ballot then it might not be annoying me so much

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I know it’s coming ……..The inevitable waffle by the sky commentary team while they wait for the official broadcaster to show some live masters golf.

And don’t start me on “patrons” although had I been lucky in the ballot then it might not be annoying me so much
I won't watch any of it until the actual golf starts. I don't watch pundits before after or during half-time of a footie match, or any other sport for that matter. If I can't find anything else to do or watch, I'll mute it until the action starts.

It is all Mark Roes fault, it started with him and escalated to everyone.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I am watching/ also reading now. Bored. Patrons. It would be interesting to know how many times it is mentioned. They are spectators. If a commentator says spectators do they get the electric chair?

Mandofred

Visit site
First comp of the year. With the new handicaps out I am playing off 5....gag. 20pts on the front 9 and playing well. Then....the same ol' Fred problem....I start trying harder. Never works....didn't this time either. 14 pts on the back with a couple of blobs. At least I got a 2, so some money back in my pocket. Some good golf at times though....so I'm not too down about it.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did you hear “patrons observation deck?”
I did about an hour ago and I was going to post but forgot what they called it, made a real impression.

We must be similar as your post on the other irritation thread about some people knowing" everything about everything" In the words of Meatloaf, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Ironic if we were thinking about the same person/ people