Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been watching Neil Warnock on Tubes Golf Life, his son is on with him - started golf during lockdown at aged 18, and he's already down to scratch and turned pro. Unbelievable. Don't you just hate people like that?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been watching Neil Warnock on Tubes Golf Life, his son is on with him - started golf during lockdown at aged 18, and he's already down to scratch and turned pro. Unbelievable. Don't you just hate people like that?
Give him a break. He has to put up with Neil Warnock being his dad :LOL:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But he probably doesn’t have to do a real job like the rest of us. If I could play/practice every day I’d probably be better than what I currently am.

JayB

Visit site
While it sounds impressive and fair play to him for getting to that level, he was an athletic, 18 year old hockey player spending 6 hours a day with a golf coach. in his position, I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried the Odyssey Versa 7 again today, and I have no idea if I prefer it to my old putter or not - results don't seem noticeably different. How do you decide these things??
Just took both putters down to the practise green for half an hour on my lunch. No discernible difference in putts holed/missed at all. Still none the wiser. How annoying.

I guess that means the magic bullet putter is still out there somewhere...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just took both putters down to the practise green for half an hour on my lunch. No discernible difference in putts holed/missed at all. Still none the wiser. How annoying.

I guess that means the magic bullet putter is still out there somewhere...
It is all down to confidence. Do you keep stats? Maybe try a few rounds with each and see what the numbers suggest is working best for you

hombre_paulo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Turning up at 7.45am on a sunday to find 14 balls already in the chute
To follow up on this. The club captain marshalled the chute the next weekend. Turning away people whos group had not all arrived. Result 5-6 balls max in the chute.
Unfortunately the following week back to the same old routine. Asked one chap why his ball was in the chute and where his group were - he said in the car park and removed his ball - 20 mins later his group turned up! In the carpark my arse!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To follow up on this. The club captain marshalled the chute the next weekend. Turning away people whos group had not all arrived. Result 5-6 balls max in the chute.
Unfortunately the following week back to the same old routine. Asked one chap why his ball was in the chute and where his group were - he said in the car park and removed his ball - 20 mins later his group turned up! In the carpark my arse!
We never had the ball in the chute but use to have roll ups. Worked perfectly well as most members knew when other groups played and there was the option of starting on the 10th if the first was rammed. All that has gone and we're tee times only and to be fair I'm not convinced rolling up would work as well these days with so many new members since Covid

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We never had the ball in the chute but use to have roll ups. Worked perfectly well as most members knew when other groups played and there was the option of starting on the 10th if the first was rammed. All that has gone and we're tee times only and to be fair I'm not convinced rolling up would work as well these days with so many new members since Covid
I'd agree. We used to have turn up and play which was fine at the time and worked OK as the membership wasn't full. Covid and the closure of a local course meant we went to full membership and so the club went to online tee-time booking. I wasn't sure at first but now I see it's the best thing to do. You know when you can play. If you decide you want to play on the day you can just go on to the app and see if there is space available, and no waiting on the tee. I wouldn't go back now. There were some of our older members at the last AGM wanted to take the booking system away so I stood up and explained as above why I wouldn't want to go back, even though I was against it in the first place.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
OEM Headcovers. When you are paying eye-watering money for a lump of metal or carbon fibre on a stick, why can't they provide us with decent headcovers that don't start to fall apart within a year. I have a putter cover that I bought on ebay for less than a tenner and it has lasted years. My OEM Ping putter cover has disintegrated. Same for my Callaway driver cover, my Cleveland wood covers, etc.

sjw

Visit site
OEM Headcovers. When you are paying eye-watering money for a lump of metal or carbon fibre on a stick, why can't they provide us with decent headcovers that don't start to fall apart within a year. I have a putter cover that I bought on ebay for less than a tenner and it has lasted years. My OEM Ping putter cover has disintegrated. Same for my Callaway driver cover, my Cleveland wood covers, etc.
What are you doing with them? Lol my PXG one is absolutely fine after 18 months