Golf Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Tried the Odyssey Versa 7 again today, and I have no idea if I prefer it to my old putter or not - results don't seem noticeably different. How do you decide these things??
You need to buy more putters.

The day before your game you line them all up, clear your mind, then one will tell you telepathically, "Its me you want this time."
This never fails.
Sometimes I don't putt very well, but that is always my fault.
I can never blame my putters, they are all beautiful faultless blameless things.

sizzler sole.jpg

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Guy I played with today was adamant about a ruling, he was very wrong. He ranted and raved... so I told him he to have it his way, it was only a friendly 4 ball.

I whatsapped him the page from the Rules App. when I got home. He replied , "This is America only and doesn't apply in UK."

This equally could have gone on an amusement thread. You can take a horse to water...... 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guy I played with today was adamant about a ruling, he was very wrong. He ranted and raved... so I told him he to have it his way, it was only a friendly 4 ball.

I whatsapped him the page from the Rules App. when I got home. He replied , "This is America only and doesn't apply in UK."

This equally could have gone on an amusement thread. You can take a horse to water...... 🤣
I want to know what rule it is now, that someone could believe only applies in America. No using a cheeseburger as a ball marker maybe?

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Your putting standards are clearly higher than mine.
Why is 29 putts an irritation? Or was this a 9 hole round?

It wasn't an irritation, it was part of the short conversation about how to choose a putter and I said on looks.
(In reality I sometimes have a terrible day even with some of my most attractive putters, the one in the photo usually produces the goods though.)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

seaton carew.jpg

I did find one. But thought better not post it on that thread.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spidey Senses.....it either feels good or it doesn't.
I've never been a good 'feel' person, I tend to just go by results. That's what makes it difficult - I can miss putts equally with anything.

Basically I was happy to give the new one an extended period in the bag, until my two 'helpful' mates said "I thought you putted brilliantly with the old one, don't know why you changed" and putt doubt in my mind again. 😠

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Probably going to be away when Help For Heroes is on. Shame to miss it.

Would add that West Surrey is probably the best course folk from out of the area will never have heard of!😁 The greens are usually excellent, great variety of holes and gradients, and the rough looks innocuous, but it tangly as can be!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
More opens that are seniors only.

Surely this cannot be allowed given that age is a protected characteristic, and so cannot be discriminated against?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never been a good 'feel' person, I tend to just go by results. That's what makes it difficult - I can miss putts equally with anything.

Basically I was happy to give the new one an extended period in the bag, until my two 'helpful' mates said "I thought you putted brilliantly with the old one, don't know why you changed" and putt doubt in my mind again. 😠
I hope you aren't trying to say all clubs are equal and just buying a new club won't make you a better player! You will be banned form the forum with dissent like that!