Golf Random Irritations

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve only played 20 holes since November but my pull left with the driver has reared its ugly head again since I’ve got back playing. It’s not as bad as it was a couple of years ago but still destructive which has led to a few lost balls. Hopefully playing more often will get rid of it 🤞🏻On a more positive note my last drive of the day on 9 was one of the best I’ve done all year 👍

And.....you beat Kraxx

Again......🤭

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The weather. No rain for nearly a week and the course is partially open with more holes being added as the days go by. Until tomorrow, when a band of rain moves down from the North West. At least it moves down as far as the North East and then the weatherman is predicting it just stops and sits over us for 24 hours dropping all that lovely water on us, thus ensuring that we will be back to square one.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
People who book on BRS, then don't bother to take their names off when they decide not to play.

Neither of the two groups in front of us bothered to turn up yesterday morning, but both lots left their names on the system. Which is great from a selfish perspective in that there was no prospect of us being held up at all, but annoying in that a) we could have started 20 minutes earlier and b) the sheet was full all morning so potentially 8 people who might have wanted to play were denied the opportunity.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The weather. No rain for nearly a week and the course is partially open with more holes being added as the days go by. Until tomorrow, when a band of rain moves down from the North West. At least it moves down as far as the North East and then the weatherman is predicting it just stops and sits over us for 24 hours dropping all that lovely water on us, thus ensuring that we will be back to square one.
Tell me about it.

Played my best golf in months yesterday, was really buzzing for Tuesday's game, then looked at the forecast, tipping it down for the next 3 days. Another closure on the way.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who book on BRS, then don't bother to take their names off when they decide not to play.

Neither of the two groups in front of us bothered to turn up yesterday morning, but both lots left their names on the system. Which is great from a selfish perspective in that there was no prospect of us being held up at all, but annoying in that a) we could have started 20 minutes earlier and b) the sheet was full all morning so potentially 8 people who might have wanted to play were denied the opportunity.
This happens at our place too. The amount of times BRS is full but when you get to the course the car park is almost empty. 🔔 ends.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Needs reporting to the pro shop and warnings given

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Needs reporting to the pro shop and warnings given
We've done so.

It's worse in the winter - there are no formal comps on, so players don't need to clock in at the shop before going out. Add in less tee times because of daylight hours, and booking for a Saturday in January can be harder than it is in mid-summer.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What happens on the range stays on the range .. if it’s good. If it’s rubbish then it follows you like a bad smell.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried the Odyssey Versa 7 again today, and I have no idea if I prefer it to my old putter or not - results don't seem noticeably different. How do you decide these things??