Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don’t know if this is an irritation or not…maybe just a fact of current economic conditions…but I heard yesterday that Blacknest GC in Hants (not Blackmoor which is close by) is closing as a members club and changing to a 12 hole Pay-and-Play. Members are left rather high and dry as most half decent or better members clubs in the area have a waiting list. My place has ‘homed’ 15 early teens juniors - but we won’t be able to accommodate many, if any, full gents members…maybe room for a few ladies but again not many.

RichA

Visit site
Putting and mid-iron game total collapse coinciding with my long game and chipping being its best ever.
At least it's the Winter Scramble next week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hitting two shots out of bounds on two separate par 3's with a big hook. The 6th hole is a real issue for me (and has been for ages) and just put a horrid swing on the shot. At the 17th I was defending a great back 9 and in contention to win the roll up cash with a strengthening right to left wind and just tried to knock one down (and use my shot) and didn't turn. Only good thing was I had 21 on the back 9 despite not scoring at 17 and took the £85. Irritated I made the same error twice and know I have to swing with committment

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Toying with the idea of new irons and trading my MP20 HMBs in.
Sadly, my 4 iron didn't like the punch shot out of trees yesterday... well, more like the ******* flint buried under the soil!20240122_082237.jpg20240122_082233.jpg

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
clearing out my Locker at Nairn and saying goodbye to the last 15 years a member there.

regrettable but been thinking about it since the course changes, bunker across the fairways at my sunday best distance, where anyone who can carry 260 plus are shooting the lights out. coupled with hardly playing over the summer

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
clearing out my Locker at Nairn and saying goodbye to the last 15 years a member there.

regrettable but been thinking about it since the course changes, bunker across the fairways at my sunday best distance, where anyone who can carry 260 plus are shooting the lights out. coupled with hardly playing over the summer
Are we going to see a post in the gladden the heart thread about finding a long lost glove/hat/club in the back of the locker?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Toying with the idea of new irons and trading my MP20 HMBs in.
Sadly, my 4 iron didn't like the punch shot out of trees yesterday... well, more like the ******* flint buried under the soil!View attachment 51544View attachment 51545
That'll polish out Bratty......

Seriously though I hate it when this happens....
Maybe a look at the 245s..?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That'll polish out Bratty......

Seriously though I hate it when this happens....
Maybe a look at the 245s..?
I did! Tried them out at the weekend. Lovely!
Concerns around loft gaps and bounce if adjusted though.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being a lazy wuss and not getting to the course to play in the rain... For the last three weeks. I've not even put my name forward for this Sunday. What's the point? 😠

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thinking of the sheer amount of golf clothing i have branded with the club logo im no longer a member of. this includes at least 3 brand new RL shirts ive never even worn:(

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Could be a mistake leaving Nairn, phenomenal course.
Tain and Kings this year…..
possibly Brian, but I've been a member 15 years and certain things were starting to bug me too much about the running of the club but i wont go into that;)

i think I've played maybe 10 times since July when i started with NS. at over £1000 now that's just not value for money esp. as comps are no longer the clubs priority, there was one during July and Aug, its getting increasingly hard to get a time on a Saturday during the none drawn Saturday comps, where less that 30 have played in the comp all bounce games.

but the biggest gripe is the set up of the course since the changes, all the bunkers are set up off the black tee's but 99% of the comps are off the whites, so the bunkers in the middle of the fairway at 220 240 yards, have gotten so I'm having to lay up on quite a few holes, but all the big hitters or at least anyone carrying 260 or more can carry all of them easily. on the old layout rarely did anyone break 70 gross, now half a dozen are shooting mid 60 s in all comps. its made, no real consideration was taken by the club with the set up difference between the white and black it wouldnt be too bad if we played at least some of the comps off the black, but they wont hear of it or admit a problem which ironic as at least 50 guys complained in a combined letter, which is more than actually play in the comps each week

Tain and one other that im not broadcasting;)