Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site
Our 17th tee at the moment.

Hole is a slight dogleg left, with the fairway sloping left to right such that everything goes right. Unfortunately, you can't aim left, because the tee is as far left as it can go (I assume to let the ground on the right recover), is set up to be about 6 foot wide, and 20 feet in front is a huge conifer that blocks 40% of the the left of what you can see! An absolute joke of a setup.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hole is a slight dogleg left, with the fairway sloping left to right such that everything goes right. Unfortunately, you can't aim left, because the tee is as far left as it can go (I assume to let the ground on the right recover), is set up to be about 6 foot wide, and 20 feet in front is a huge conifer that blocks 40% of the the left of what you can see! An absolute joke of a setup.
Can't you just hit a big slinging draw like most people? 😅

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

How long is the hole?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree, but I also want to see if I actually like the putter / putterhead before I spend money on a new grip for it. Rather than that buy the new grip, decide I don't like the putter, and then have to try and sell it for more than I paid, ha. Grips are expensive it seems, I was having a look and a SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 that I'd probably go for is like £28. I don't know enough about grips to choose a cheaper brand, I've only ever had putters that already had thick grips on them so I've never bought a new one before.
You can get midsized grips for around £9-13..you dont have to spend £30....its just a matter of personal preference/feel....but there is nothing wrong with g-rip or Winn grips such as...

(Other shops selling grips are available)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can get midsized grips for around £9-13..you dont have to spend £30....its just a matter of personal preference/feel....but there is nothing wrong with g-rip or Winn grips such as...

(Other shops selling grips are available)
Ah thanks but too late now - I guess I just stuck with what I know (which isn't very much when it comes to grips) and I got my pro to stick a Superstroke on for 30 quid. If I like the putter and continue to use it it'll be worth it anyway, only £110 spent on it overall.

NearHull

Visit site
Ah thanks but too late now - I guess I just stuck with what I know (which isn't very much when it comes to grips) and I got my pro to stick a Superstroke on for 30 quid. If I like the putter and continue to use it it'll be worth it anyway, only £110 spent on it overall.
I see you finally got a grip! 😃😃

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being fined £2 by the lads for persistant non show on Sunday mornings. Despite me telling them I probably wouldn't show if it was cold, wet, icy, blowy, snowy. I also didn't add in, drunk from Saturday nights karaoke. Bit mean I think....:D Not sure when I'll be there to pay it either at this rate.......:)

oleinone

Visit site
We have regular problems with wild boar ploughing up parts of the course.Just recently, crows have joined the party and have started pecking holes in many of the greens. To top it off, a badger has just dug a blooming great hole in the 7th tee. I used to be fond of wildlife.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arcoss sensor not pairing despite being used before

I'm finding my Garmin a pain in the back side ATM . It's crashed 4 rounds in the trott now so I've reset it

The sensors ran out so I gave them new batteries which is fine however it's now saying 2 of them are out of battery (or low) well I changed them for better batteries the other week so I'd be surprised

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In the right conditions that’s driveable for most people on a golf forum 💪

Must be frustrating that you can’t get there at the moment.
Nah. Most people on here would do good course management and hit an iron off the tee for position, then lay up to their favorite wedge distance.

Before chunking the wedge shot into the front bunker, taking 2 to get out then 3 putting for a 8 😂