Golf Random Irritations

Mandofred

Visit site
I've often used racquet grip tape (overgrip tape usually) to change the size of my putter grip. Sometimes I like a thicker than usual grip. Some come with adhesive on the inside that makes it hard to take it off...you can leave the adhesive cover tape on so you can take it on and off....or sometimes I rub some cream into the adhesive to keep it from sticking much.

sunshine

Visit site
I agree, but I also want to see if I actually like the putter / putterhead before I spend money on a new grip for it. Rather than that buy the new grip, decide I don't like the putter, and then have to try and sell it for more than I paid, ha. Grips are expensive it seems, I was having a look and a SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 that I'd probably go for is like £28. I don't know enough about grips to choose a cheaper brand, I've only ever had putters that already had thick grips on them so I've never bought a new one before.

You could try fitting a lamb kofte kebab over the thin grip. This will work as a good substitute with the added bonus that you can nibble on it if you get hungry mid round.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The wonderful hypocrisy of some golf retailers.

11 months a year I get emails promoting the benefits of custom fitting. I simply have to come to them to try the club and get the right shaft having fully analysed things.

On the annual new club release month I get emails telling me to pre order and have the club delivered on the day of release.

Which is it.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
The wonderful hypocrisy of some golf retailers.

11 months a year I get emails promoting the benefits of custom fitting. I simply have to come to them to try the club and get the right shaft having fully analysed things.

On the annual new club release month I get emails telling me to pre order and have the club delivered on the day of release.

Which is it.
Clearly it's both! Buy one on the day of release. And then go back 6 weeks later to buy another (with a more expensive shaft and a swanky grip) that's custom fit.

Both of which will be longer and straighter and easier to hit and more forgiving and less prone to your ball going sideways and nicer to look at and god knows what else, than your previous one. Which for the custom fit one is the same model.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Slow players .....are just plain slow players whether they use mats or not. I've never understood why some people put in the big tee to hold the mat down....why? Flop the mat down and smack the ball. If you hit the ball first like you are supposed to....whether the mat moves or not is irrelevant.
And if you don't?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Not sure what you are asking.....if you hit the mat first, that's considered bad. Hitting the ground/mat first is called "fat"....something to be avoided.
My desire is to hit the ball first, my skill level denies me the opportunity, my Spurk mat saves my **** on these occasions ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Drove to Tain to play today, sunny all the way until i got to Nigg, snow storm. Got to the course snow had already started lieing. Turned into a blizzard, so drove home again🤣

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Planned to go to the range this morning.

Took the dogs out first thing, couldn't believe how cold it was. -1 according to my watch, but "feels like" -7, absolutely bitter. It hasn't warmed up at all, so abandoned the range.

Due to play tomorrow, "feels like" forecast to be -6, with the prospect of sleet towards the end of the round. Forecast is no better for the rest of the week, so neither the range nor the golf course are particularly inviting prospects.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Planned to go to the range this morning.

Took the dogs out first thing, couldn't believe how cold it was. -1 according to my watch, but "feels like" -7, absolutely bitter. It hasn't warmed up at all, so abandoned the range.

Due to play tomorrow, "feels like" forecast to be -6, with the prospect of sleet towards the end of the round. Forecast is no better for the rest of the week, so neither the range nor the golf course are particularly inviting prospects.
We had the same opinion down here...beautiful day, loads of sunshine but that wind is a killer....
Course is frozen and probably will be all week......Stableford comp on Wednesday...yeah right :ROFLMAO: