Golf Random Irritations

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
If that's the amount of time investment it takes them I've got absolutely no chance unfortunately.
Yeah, I’m lucky I wfh a lot so can nip out in lunch.

Everyone is different though. I only took up golf in my early 30s and am not a natural. I have to practice otherwise everything becomes a cover drive lol. On the flip side I have a mate who played as a junior but hasn’t played regularly for 10 years. He’ll play 3 times a year and shoot around par…..annoying.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on all you’ve said, I don’t think you should ever have another lesson. Just play the game and enjoy yourself.
In fairness, I did what everyone on here always said, which was telling my pro beforehand that I don't get a lot of practise so to avoid wholesale changes. But we still ended up where we are. I'm an overthinker as well which is making it worse. I think my best route is just to forget the lesson - not to go back completely to what I was doing before, but just relax and see if I can settle into some kind of middle ground.

If I ever have another lesson it would only be a half hour on something specific like bunkers maybe. Nothing like this again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In fairness, I did what everyone on here always said, which was telling my pro beforehand that I don't get a lot of practise so to avoid wholesale changes. But we still ended up where we are. I'm an overthinker as well which is making it worse. I think my best route is just to forget the lesson - not to go back completely to what I was doing before, but just relax and see if I can settle into some kind of middle ground.

If I ever have another lesson it would only be a half hour on something specific like bunkers maybe. Nothing like this again.
I think it is a pragmatic choice. If you can't invest to practice then I am not sure you are ever going to get the full benefit from the lesson. As someone who now has the s****s I will try and work it out but will get a lesson if I can't self diagnose tonight. I'm lucky though to have enough time in the evenings to invest in working on any drills and especially at this time of year with the course wet and muddy (and feeling colder again by the weekend) I don't mind not playing one of the weekend days to work on it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

you don't have to go to a range or hit balls to work on a swing change or swing Dynamics.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Driving ranges not having the height of tee you want. Always too high or low.

I actually considered buying my own for a few quid and just leaving it in my bag. Briefly had one of the inserts that you put your own tee in which was fine when it was very quiet and I could nip on to the grass and pick them up again, but a no-no when it was remotely busy.