Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The height above the ground isn't the problem, even those ones don't go far enough into the mat. The ones I use are the short non-castle kind, so not really any longer than the green castles I don't think. And I did have a broken one of them to try, but it wouldn't sit flat enough and the ball kept toppling off. :LOL:
…alternatively pick up the broken off spikes and tops with no spike. Quick bit of snipping and filing…touch of superglue…bob’s yer uncle..👍

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I forgot to book a tee time for next week, my PP is not happy!
Don't worry, by the time we get to that point the course will be closed for snow, waterlogged etc, and you will be off the hook (if you play on a links course my reasoning may be less relevant, in which case you are still in trouble 🫣)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The height above the ground isn't the problem, even those ones don't go far enough into the mat. The ones I use are the short non-castle kind, so not really any longer than the green castles I don't think. And I did have a broken one of them to try, but it wouldn't sit flat enough and the ball kept toppling off. :LOL:

At one time a polo mint was often used as a tee.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Been waiting for my Winter Singles K/O 2nd round opponent, but as the guys playing the 1st round match didn't get it done by the play by date they've both been DQ'd. Was getting a bit frustrating as I wanted to get my 2nd round match played sooner rather than later (well before the 7th Jan date) - now no issue as my 3rd round match has play by date of 11th Feb and that is fine. Just have to wait for my 3rd round opponent. So an irritation is removed.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This weather. I’ve now had a brand new driver and set of clubs for a whole week and they are still to make contact with a ball. Golf tomorrow cancelled due to the biblical amount of rain the course received today. Saturday’s competition looking iffy too. 🤬

Golfnut1957

Visit site
As above, the course will have been closed for two weeks come tomorrow. Initially for rain and saturated conditions, then snow last weekend, and now following a two-day dry spell we also have rain of biblical proportions, think of that scene in Caddyshack.

I have no doubt that tomorrow's notification will say, next inspection Monday.

D-S

Visit site
Clubs stating "visitors welcome" then charging waaay to much for everything including a cup of tea.
I think they should be more honest - at a Midlands club I visited this year they should have had one saying "Visitors Know Your Place!" on the main gate, some others need one saying 'Visitors Barely Tolerated".

NearHull

Visit site
We've got a no confidence in the Board motion for an SGM after Xmas.

I think the two factions positions are a) make radical improvements and b) absolutely no change, ever!

Both are wrong and I don't expect either to listen.

Standing room only, get there early.
Love General Meetings, it’s mind boggling how many AOB points are centred around me me me.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
New head greenkeeper joined the club in early September.

Changes made - all positive

New head greenkeeper is leaving to go back to his old job from the end of this week.

Back to just having grass cutters with no direction at all :(

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We are in year 2 of a 4 year bunker improvement programme. Last year were holes 2, 3, 7, 8 and we are just completing 1, 9, 10 and 18 and the practice bunker. The work to date has been amazing and we are getting so much closer to unified sand and levels of sand. Our head greenkeeper and his team of 4 are doing a great job in maintaining these as with the course in general.

Have you posted this in the right thread or are you just annoyed the bunkers are unified now? :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
Love General Meetings, it’s mind boggling how many AOB points are centred around me me me.

We had an EGM last month, first time I've ever attended a GM of any sort. Long Q&A session at the end, just incredible how many people stood up to ask a question and rambled on for minutes without actually getting to the point and asking a question.