Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 23270

Gumtree.

Selling a set of P790 irons with a full description and loads of pics. First response......what year are they and do you have any pictures?

FFS......EVERYTHING is in the advert! Why is the world full of cretins?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
After the multitude of Black Firday/Cyber Monday/extended/reloaded emails.....the Payday ones started yesterday.

Oh did they? I never knew

Nor about their new stock/ lines?

Did you know they also do gymwear now! I didn't! If only they'd emailed me about it 6,000,000 times

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mean I do have quite a bit of their stuff, normally purchased following an email.....

Marketing gets me looking and the prices just make me buy...
I actually really like the golf joggers I got from them, I've asked the missus to maybe grab me another pair in black for Christmas. (y)

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that the much vaunted and 'traditional' chino is not the most practical thing to golf in. Are you infering that, in fact, 'smart casual' is not really an appropriate dress for a sport :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You really do hate golf, don't you?;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
You can't beat a pair of plus twos paired with thick socks in the winter, no muddy trouser bottoms and nice and warm. Unfortunately I don't have the confidence to wear them as I'd be totally ridiculed.

It's okay for the old to ridicule the young for wearing "golf joggers" because that makes the young feel even cooler, but when both the young and the old poor scorn on you, you need a thick skin or bags of confidence to pull it off.

But thinking about it, I'm already viewed as a bit of an oddball for playing old clubs so maybe I'll just do it.

RichA

Visit site
You can't beat a pair of plus twos paired with thick socks in the winter, no muddy trouser bottoms and nice and warm. Unfortunately I don't have the confidence to wear them as I'd be totally ridiculed.

It's okay for the old to ridicule the young for wearing "golf joggers" because that makes the young feel even cooler, but when both the young and the old poor scorn on you, you need a thick skin or bags of confidence to pull it off.

But thinking about it, I'm already viewed as a bit of an oddball for playing old clubs so maybe I'll just do it.
Do it.
The opinion of anybody who expresses it seriously isn't worth 💩💩.
My golfing outfit for tomorrow morning is already out. Combat trousers, fleece, Uniqlo ultra-down jacket, waterproof trail running shoes and an ancient baker boy cap (my hearing isn't what it was so I don't like covering my ears).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Earlier in the week my Mrs bought an Under Armour hoodie for my lad‘s Christmas (as we were in an UA outlet store) then decided it wasn’t for him. I said I’d have it, but she simply could not see me wearing a hoodie playing golf, so it went back. I guess, as she’s been doing it for some 35yrs now, she knows how to dress me and knows what’ll look good on me and what’ll look naff. I did protest but she was having none of it. 🤷‍♂️