Golf Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently the BBC being offered highlights of the PGA tour for free, turned it down.
Just shows what they think of golf🙄
Would get in the way of someone baking, cooking, sewing, or some other such crap reality show. Once you’ve seen someone bake a cake you don’t need to see them do it again.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Would get in the way of someone baking, cooking, sewing, or some other such crap reality show. Once you’ve seen someone bake a cake you don’t need to see them do it again.
Oh, you've reminded me. Really looking forward to the final of the Pottery Throwdown on Sunday. ;)

C'mon Lois. Beat the two boring geezers!

D

Deleted member 15344

The viewer figures for the PGAT tour aren’t that great in the UK so I suspect they don’t see the worth having highlights on those events at some point late Monday somewhere.

Majors and Ryder Cup you can see some wanting to watch highlights ( when they are on the day it happens )

Would be easy for them to put it on the Iplayer though

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
While I agree wholeheartedly (in fact I've never watched a single episode of any of those baking/sewing/dancing/etc shows), I suspect there are people out there who would say that once you've seen some guy hit a little white ball with a stick, you don't need to see them do it again.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
The, seemingly, ever decreasing number of people who play golf for fun......
I have a mate, currently plays off 26 ish hit the ball a mile but in any direction. but aims for 40 points, no matter what he's playing off, or where he's playing. it's always "I need 40 points today". I can't understand how anyone at that level (including myself, hovering around 22...) isn't happy for 1 - just being outside and having some fun with a few mates, and 2 - maybe just "being better than last week".

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I haven't played golf for 14 days.

View attachment 46957
We are the same. We had snow on the 7th which closed the course, and we have had rain every day since, a lot of it quite substantial. I've walked the course with the dog and while in patches it's fine, if they opened it the hordes would arrive and it would be cut to pieces.

Saturday will be interesting as there is a 3-person team event scheduled. What will they do?

In the meantime I have become a range rat, which will probably be more productive in the long term but I'm missing real golf now.