Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Think that horse has long bolted ?
Yesterday's classic moment. Tyrell hits his shot and immediately critiques himself using the word that will get you banned here. Instant apology from Sky commentator, but why Sky, why have a microphone anywhere near him if his language embarrasses you so much?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After taking my electric trolley down to the air compressor to clean it and my shoes at nairn Dunbar, path back to the car park had more mud on it than bits of the course, trolley heels and shoes clogged with mud again☹️

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
American golf stores are more like fat mikes discount sports stores in the amount of tat they have it stock.

Went to the one at the O2 as I’ve got a birthday voucher to use. No decent clothes and the balls I wanted to try (zstar diamonds) are online only.

On the plus side they had ping chippeR (right hand) I could take a look at and it’s not that offensive

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
American golf stores are more like fat mikes discount sports stores in the amount of tat they have it stock.

Went to the one at the O2 as I’ve got a birthday voucher to use. No decent clothes and the balls I wanted to try (zstar diamonds) are online only.

On the plus side they had ping chippeR (right hand) I could take a look at and it’s not that offensive

I was given some of them balls to try by my mate that has a pro shop....
Won't be buying any
Possibly least durable ball I've tried, scuff terribly
Also seemed shorter than the std Z star, and TP5
(Just my opinion obv)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Slow play preventing us from playing the last 3 holes because it was dark.

Quite why we still allow 4 balls out in winter is a mystery. Many today were mixed seniors groups who only play 9 holes. Playing off mixed tees also seems to slow things down.

Still, at least the weather was nice and the course was in decent condition.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably been covered before…

I’m looking for some clubs for my mate who’s starting out, and so…

People selling golf clubs on Facebook who use the worst photos! You’ll maybe get a couple of photos of the whole set in a bag, covers still on, no close ups, unable to see what brand it is never mind the condition, blurred and no description! Very annoying. And their expectations on price sometimes are crazy. £250 for a set of sports direct dunlops (not the classics) or donnay!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Probably been covered before…

I’m looking for some clubs for my mate who’s starting out, and so…

People selling golf clubs on Facebook who use the worst photos! You’ll maybe get a couple of photos of the whole set in a bag, covers still on, no close ups, unable to see what brand it is never mind the condition, blurred and no description! Very annoying. And their expectations on price sometimes are crazy. £250 for a set of sports direct dunlops (not the classics) or donnay!
Golfclubs4cash have a 20% off everything deal going on...decent pics, descriptions, free postage and returns if you need....

Imurg

Visit site
Course closed for the 2nd time in a week.......I think the End is Nigh.......
Although they are having an inspection at 11 so might be able to carry this afternoon.
And to think...3 months ago the course was browned to a crisp......:cautious:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course closed for the 2nd time in a week.......I think the End is Nigh.......
Although they are having an inspection at 11 so might be able to carry this afternoon.
And to think...3 months ago the course was browned to a crisp......:cautious:
Hope it's open on Friday as that's when we're heading over there! My weather app says it's sunny on Friday so fingers crossed.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It used to be that golf was viewed as a summer activity, with the course closing for even the mildest of frosts, and obviously for snow.

It has been years now since our course did away with winter greens and any restrictions due to frost. In fact for years the course has only ever closed for snow, and even then they didn't really close it. So we came to enjoy and embrace winter golf in a different way to the summer variety but just as much.

It has all change over the last few years, the summers have been better but what now constitutes a winter is turning golf upside down. Whereas the frost could be tolerated causing little or no damage, this constant rain means no choice but to close the course, or suffer the consequences.

Today's rain is only just hitting the North East now and the course is open, but the consequences for tomorrow and Friday, no matter how nice Friday is, are bleak.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i've been thinking of buying a new putter - no real reason to get one, i just fancy a change.

had a look on everyone's favourite auction site and have narrowed it down to;

Envroll ER1
Scotty Phantom X5.5
Scotty Select Fast back
Bettinardi queen b6

being a cack hander there is a good chance i won't lose too much if i don't like whichever one i go for.

i have thought about getting them all but i am not sure i can get them in the house past Mrs D

Imurg

Visit site
i've been thinking of buying a new putter - no real reason to get one, i just fancy a change.

had a look on everyone's favourite auction site and have narrowed it down to;

Envroll ER1
Scotty Phantom X5.5
Scotty Select Fast back
Bettinardi queen b6

being a cack hander there is a good chance i won't lose too much if i don't like whichever one i go for.

i have thought about getting them all but i am not sure i can get them in the house past Mrs D
Get them delivered to Bratty, buy him a pint when you pick them up
Simples...(y):cool: