Golf Random Irritations

Visit site
Are they suffering from excessive bag rub or something? Or keeping them in the car, been on a flight?

If they are breaking in the same place in the middle of the shaft is there any visible signs of damage.

Has he tried to contact the shaft manufacturer?

He doesn’t leave them in the car, because he uses a work van and so has to take them out. The thing is… I literally never take my clubs out the car, so if anyone’s clubs should snap in half, it’s mine!!

He has a standard trolley/Titleist bag setup with 14 way divider so can’t see how that would be an issue.

No signs of damage, the only thing I’d comment on is that the inside of the shafts do look rather “weathered” in my opinion, not what you’d probably expect

I’ll tell him to try with True Temper ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Skycaddie informing me that a bunker is 201 yards away and that my lay-up distance is 199 yards....
You think I'm that accurate from 200 yards?:rolleyes:
I'm probably not that accurate from 20!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was due to play at Meldrum House today after a work event but I drank far too much last night and was absolutely hanging today, the Whisky was excellent though, 15 year old Glen Garrioch was the tipple of choice ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our club champion (of two weeks ago) went out last Saturday in our Saturday Stableford comp and started bogey, bogey. I can do that ? He then hit 7 birdies and 9 pars to shoot a club gents back tees season best 18 of -5. I most certainly CANNOT do that…yet. Must work harder - and there was me thinking I already was ?

Separately, it‘s a pity our star girl - now just started college in the states - was out of the country so couldn't play in the (Gents) Club Chamionship as club had decided that, given she’s exceptional, she could play. It would have been great seeing her match up against our +handicap guys (and new club champ) as she is now HI +6.7 (+8 off our ladies back tees).

Last edited:

NeilV

Visit site
People who don’t watch where their bloody ball goes!
A regular in our group will always turn his back on a poor shot (and there are plenty) then ask everybody else where it ended up.
After 3 of those in 4 holes last week, he raced a putt past on the 5th and I pointed to it and said “it’s over there.” He got quite arsey ?

Imurg

Visit site
People who use coloured golf balls when they're repeatedly told that the colour they're using is completely invisible when it hits the ground.....and then moan when they lose a ball and you've got no idea where to look.....
Yes, Fragger, I'm talking to you!
Pink balls indeed....:rolleyes:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Having to hit balls off a mat at the practice range

The practice range at the course is always off grass, its a large prepared area about 100m wide by 50m deep and they simply move the wooden sticks that separates the bays by a yard or so every day, left or right, back & forth etc so every day the bays start off on new fairway cut grass while the previous days bays get sand/seed to recover... so its about three weeks before a piece of grass is used again, but after a wet winter here they need to allow more time for recovery and we've found ourselves hitting off mats for the last 10 days, hopefully back to grass soon, mats are useless :(

Imurg

Visit site
With Fragger having Flu and Covid boosters on Saturday it means Sunday won't be a good day to play as his arms are going to be dead...some may say that'll improve things but I couldn't possibly comment..
So we have to play Saturday...
I'm working early, he has his jabs at 9 and 5 but between those times there are copious roll ups and a set of club matches going out too...
Looks we may only have a window of 30 minutes or so..let's hope not too many other people turn up at the same time...
If only there was a way to know......:unsure:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was due to play at Meldrum House today after a work event but I drank far too much last night and was absolutely hanging today, the Whisky was excellent though, 15 year old Glen Garrioch was the tipple of choice ??
You didn't miss anything, it's not that great tbh, and wetter than fairways was? and that's saying something.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Only chance of a game this week before my semi on Thursday, hammering it down all day. Went over the practice ground at King's when it cleared up a bit, but soon as I'd hit all my balls it lashed it down so didn't bother to pick them up, game them to two young lads who where over there and only had a handful of balls between them.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Only chance of a game this week before my semi on Thursday, hammering it down all day. Went over the practice ground at King's when it cleared up a bit, but soon as I'd hit all my balls it lashed it down so didn't bother to pick them up, game them to two young lads who where over there and only had a handful of balls between them.

Hope you’re well Patrick, not like you not to be playing plenty of golf ??
Im literally away tomorrow for 6 weeks but will give you a shout for a game when I’m back ??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hope you’re well Patrick, not like you not to be playing plenty of golf ??
Im literally away tomorrow for 6 weeks but will give you a shout for a game when I’m back ??
Chasing the $ dear boy, caddying almost every day. Gone from playing 4 or 5 times a week to struggling to play once... not long left of the season now, pro am next week then it's done foe 2022.

Imurg

Visit site
The greens being tined, slit and top dressed this morning...
That's not the irritation - the work needs doing
The fact that it was only decided at 6.30 this morning to do it isn't really the irritation either. The weather window opened and if they didn't do it now it could be a while before they would have another chance...
The irritation is that, as we didn't know, we signed in for a general play card, went off the 10th ( that hadn't been "done"), playing a blinder for 6 holes until we came across a tractor digging dirty great holes in the green and a sander waiting to fill the holes up.
Putting became impossible after that so we abandoned the cards and the GM cancelled them when we got in....
Could have been a good day.....