Golf Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really annoyed yesterday as we are in The Highlands and played Royal Dornoch on Saturday and the British Seniors Amateur is there this week.

Thought The R and A were totally incompetent YESTERDAY as there was no live scoring.

However this was corrected as The Competition started TODAY!

Gary Tough from Edzell is leading at 2 under

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've lost my game. H/C has gone up from 12.9 to 14.6 and another rubbish score done today. I juist cannot seem to find what is going on.
The average of the best eight scores from your last twenty scores is not as good as it was some time ago.
You're welcome.

You've gone up only 1.7.
I've gone up by more than that and I found out what was going on.
My scores from April and May this year (near winter conditions, some of them) were no way near as good as the scores that they replaced from July and August last year in lovely weather.
Just picked up a 3rd place prize last week, not giving so many shots in social golf and playing just the same as ever. Great game this.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The average of the best eight scores from your last twenty scores is not as good as it was some time ago.
You're welcome.

You've gone up only 1.7.
I've gone up by more than that and I found out what was going on.
My scores from April and May this year (near winter conditions, some of them) were no way near as good as the scores that they replaced from July and August last year in lovely weather.
Just picked up a 3rd place prize last week, not giving so many shots in social golf and playing just the same as ever. Great game this.

My fav was Monday

I played outstanding.. best in months

But it knocked off my best round which was slightly better so I went up lol

Same again Tuesday played really well but went up again

Mandofred

Visit site
Monday....after being +4 on the first two holes....ended up +7......today, lost 3 or 4 balls....I'd been better off drinking a few pints of beer before playing. And then a few more pints.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My mate, otherwise a good bloke spent lots of a qualifying comp yesterday on his phone. Apparently it's important as he's having a kitchen fitted. :cry::censored:

I'm stood over a 4 footer on 5th green, take putter back, phone rings... I step away, of course I missed when I tried again. That's my head in a bad place for next half hour.

He's the guy who has iffy etiquette at the best of times.

I'm going to have stop playing Comps with him.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My mate, otherwise a good bloke spent lots of a qualifying comp yesterday on his phone. Apparently it's important as he's having a kitchen fitted. :cry::censored:

I'm stood over a 4 footer on 5th green, take putter back, phone rings... I step away, of course I missed when I tried again. That's my head in a bad place for next half hour.

He's the guy who has iffy etiquette at the best of times.

I'm going to have stop playing Comps with him.
Surely phones should be on Buzz/Silent, if allowed at all, in competitions! There does come a point where selfishly cramming too many things into a day becomes counter-productive and unpleasant for others.