Golf Random Irritations

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played Royal Ashdown today with a new society for the first time (course and society).

Bugger me, it was hard work but what a course. Started well, poor middle and a reasonable end until 4 putts from 8 ft finished me off! That heather is beastly.

Wrist breaking isn't it!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Played both balls (after telling my PPs my intentions) to the green as wasn’t sure of ruling and then called a referee over. Couldn’t be sure that we had taken less than 3 minutes looking so had to use my provisional. Annoying as my original ball was 10 feet below the hole with a good look at birdie. I did manage to hole a slippery 6 foot down hiller for a 6 with my provisional. I think my head would have exploded if I’d missed it?.As it was it took me a couple of holes to get the incident fully out of my head. My next purchase from Amazon is a stopwatch to hang on my golf bag.
There is where my Apple watch comes in handy, I just get Siri to start a 3min countdown as I start looking.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tee pegs that have been stamped on or hammered into the ground in the teeing area.
The people who do this.
Once I have picked the spot to tee off from and put my ball on the tee, I always use my pitch fork to remove any of these tees that you refer to that are in my eye line. It’s amazing how many are full length and not broken.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out for 9 holes this afternoon before work, first 5 holes utter dog s**t, a million swing thoughts in my head.
Played the last 4 like a golfer (of some sort) 1 over, great drives, pitching close and flushing irons.
I've got to change my mindset to get some degree of consistency.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp today. Continued my decent recent play for 8 holes at which point I was on 19pts and serenely going along. Then the wheels fell off completely - 7pts for the remaining 10 holes. I have no idea what changed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Why do the Pro players, after they've played their bunker shot, smooth part of the bunker with their foot and then walk out leaving more hoof prints for the caddy - or designated bunker raker - to finish it off..?
Its not like it's going to take the caddy more than an extra 3 seconds to rake the bit they smooth over...just seems a waste of time..
Play it, get out, go to the next shot, let the caddy rake...simples

sunshine

Visit site
Minor irritation: playing partner and I both in the same green side bunker, I play out first and then grab the rake. He then plays out and I tell him I’ll rake the bunker for both of us. “Thanks” he says, then walks right across the whole bunker and out the other side. FFS. Would have been funny if he was joking ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our next 4BBB opponents. Leave their previous round to the last possible date and then tell us they can only do weekends as one of them works away all week. Why enter a competition when you can’t play on the majority of the days ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My fault I know!

Played yesterday and we started on the 10th, not unusual as we alway have a first and tenth hole start in comps. My marker started putting my scores from the first instead of the 10th and never twigged, so all my scores were wrongly recorded (unless I got the same score on holes, say the 3rd and 12th) . I was out of the prizes so just checked my totals verbally with him and went in and entered the scores into the computer. Only today when i checked how many balls my 2 on the 18th got me, when i noticed it said a 2 on the 9th - a long par 5 where a 2 would be highly unlikely ever. I rang the pro shop to DQ myself and to get them to register the changes which will probably mean a small cut.

But you'd think after several holes that he'd have twigged! (still my fault I know)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out for 9 holes this afternoon before work, first 5 holes utter dog s**t, a million swing thoughts in my head.
Played the last 4 like a golfer (of some sort) 1 over, great drives, pitching close and flushing irons.
I've got to change my mindset to get some degree of consistency.
I have come to understand that as soon as I take my stance I must get my head out of the equation as my thinking at that point gets in the way of my golf. I must do my swing thoughts on the practice ground and leave them there, and do my thinking about the shot to be played before I take my stance. Easier said than done.?