Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New chef in at our golf club. Was going to get lunch but wasn't that hungry in the end so just ordered a simple bacon sandwich. Fiver. A fiver for a bacon sandwich! Absolutely scandalous. Won't be doing that again!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
New chef in at our golf club. Was going to get lunch but wasn't that hungry in the end so just ordered a simple bacon sandwich. Fiver. A fiver for a bacon sandwich! Absolutely scandalous. Won't be doing that again!

Probably get a six pack of frazles at pounstretcher for a oner. Go on strike and make a point!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

£5 for one at mine but least get a cuppa with it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Thats what you get for being closer to London :whistle:
We get a mini Full English and a cuppa for £5.76.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…or Golf Usual Frustrations.

Rollup yesterday, as off back tees I decided to put a card in - I knew if it was rubbish it wouldn’t count so why not, and so I felt no pressure that I was doing a card.

Any yet - careless, careless drifted the shots and then a lost ball on 5, saw me turning 10over gross and 13pts. Ho hum. Going to have to improve a bit on back 9 if I am not going to be embarrassed by my score. And so played back 9 in level gross, 23pts and over the 18 to my CH.?

Thing is…we don’t have to ‘make it up‘ because we’ve all done it.

And so though a bit frustrating, I’m really pleased that I was able to pull myself and my game together and score that back 9 level gross and probably my best back 9 Stableford pts.

Just checking I see my HI cut 0.2 to 7.8…steady, steady as I work towards CH of 8, and if I can get to 7…not been there for maybe 30yrs.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played in hellish 40kph gusts yesterday and other than driver the biggest club I hit all day was 5Iron. Just didn’t have the bottle to hit FW or hybrid into (or with) that kind of wind
Irritation is I actually scored pretty well and only one dodgy tee shot stopped me shooting handicap. It just plants a seed that I should try a comp round like that too

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't mind being the first, possibly only, one to say this but it's not even 6pm on Monday and I'm fed up to the back teeth with the Open build-up..
To be fair I'm not a fan of the build-up to anything but every SM I access is flooded with it already.....and it's only Monday...?
Please can the Championship start tomorrow and go on for 6 rounds...?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I don't mind being the first, possibly only, one to say this but it's not even 6pm on Monday and I'm fed up to the back teeth with the Open build-up..
To be fair I'm not a fan of the build-up to anything but every SM I access is flooded with it already.....and it's only Monday...?
Please can the Championship start tomorrow and go on for 6 rounds...?
The grinch is alive! ??
Know what you mean though ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Golfing nerves, caddying for lovely guy from Texas, who was so nervous he could get a tee in the ground. A real shame, even got the yips putting too and could barely get club on ball.