Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 3432

Rain and I need to hit some irons after last night's inconsistent display.

Forecast keeps changing so might change by time I finish work - if not it's off to St Andrews Links Academy range this evening.

Hailstones chased me off the practice ground this morning, not much point trying to work on my putting with the green covered in hail and hands starting to go numb ?

It had been quite nice up till then ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Hailstones chased me off the practice ground this morning, not much point trying to work on my putting with the green covered in hail and hands starting to go numb ?

It had been quite nice up till then ?
Ha ha - sheltering outside clubhouse during the hailstorm before our round last night I saw someone wandering onto the practice putting green - when he walked back off I said to him 'Not sure I'd have gone to practice my putting during this' - he replied 'Just holed a twenty footer - longest putt I've holed in ages'

John Dewey

Visit site
One of my irritations is the resident flock of Canadian geese which chooses to concentrate their wastes on a couple of tee boxes. We’ve got 27 fairways and numerous meadows available for poop distribution. But these birds have their favorite relief areas.

D

Deleted member 21258

Currently seem to have lost the ability to lose a ball on the course, been 83 holes since last losing one.

Weirdly irritating for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently seem to have lost the ability to lose a ball on the course, been 83 holes since last losing one.

Humblebrag. :LOL:

I was thinking about how I don't lose balls anymore as well actually. I've played 7 and a half rounds since lockdown ended, and only lost two balls - one of which was a provisional that I just couldn't be arsed to look for. I think the only irritating part is having to retire a ball when it gets too many dings in it, whereas usually it wouldn't get to that point.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite. pre-ordered new irons from scottsdale golf. Shown as in stock a few days later, with a 3 iron. Sent an email to pay extra for the 3 iron so I could get them sent out asap. 5 days later, no message back, no update on delivery and are out of stock on the site.

Available to arrive next day from clubhouse golf :(

Clubhouse normally brilliant

I finally managed to get time to call them, 40 mins wait time ATM so had to leave a good hour

Anyways turns out the order never got sent through to srixon .. so they ordering today .. 3-5 week wait ..£20 back

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I got to late 70's, possibly early 80's with one and then became oddly attached to it. I retired it mid round after nearly losing it with a horrible hooked tee shot and it is now mounted on a small trophy that my son and I play for ?. I've never got anywhere near that length of longevity out of a ball since ?

D

Deleted member 21258

I got to late 70's, possibly early 80's with one and then became oddly attached to it. I retired it mid round after nearly losing it with a horrible hooked tee shot and it is now mounted on a small trophy that my son and I play for ?. I've never got anywhere near that length of longevity out of a ball since ?

Nice idea.(y)

Don't think I have ever got close to this number of holes, quite often will lose multiple balls if timing is off with my loose swing. Done another 12 holes last night and still got it.

Its irritating as the wife noticed this week about not being in the trees and ribbing me. The pressure is building not to lose it, when I just want to hit it as hard as possible and see it go sailing off over the fields and relax :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A new, second hand, club arrived today. It's a Cobra fairway wood that adjusts between a 5 and 7 wood. It's set to 5, I want to set it to 7. I have 2 adjustable tools, including a Cobra one but neither fit ?. Why, just why?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booked a tee time at about half two this afternoon to play at half four. Then had to cancel it a few minutes later but couldnt get a refund as I didnt cancel 24 hours in advance. :unsure:

Quality customer service from Paultons.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which model? I got a F9 3-4 wood a few weeks ago - it adjusts with my Taylor Made wrench.
Cobra Bio Cell so an older model. I have a Cobra wrench that fits my F6 driver and a Callaway one that my son used on his M2. Neither fit. It seems quite small compared to the two wrenches.

Presumably some level of universality kicked in shortly after this one was released.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cobra Bio Cell so an older model. I have a Cobra wrench that fits my F6 driver and a Callaway one that my son used on his M2. Neither fit. It seems quite small compared to the two wrenches.

Presumably some level of universality kicked in shortly after this one was released.
Or they lost the screw and found another with the same thread but a different head....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or they lost the screw and found another with the same thread but a different head....
Could be true. I'm playing in a open tomorrow at a club that I think has a pretty decent pro shop so I'm going to take it in there and see if they can help. If they say the same and can't help then I'll look for a plan B

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I have a Bio Cell driver.
Awesome club ............................... sometimes!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
A kind man at Castle Eden Pro shop sorted this out. It was a genuine Cobra screw, it just needed an older style wrench. It isn't changing now ?
Castle Eden, class course that we used to play regularly. We used to have a pound bet, all the winner had to do was par both 14 and 15, nobody ever had to cough up.