Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Bizarre - what they going to do when it's light till 10.30pm?
Not sure. Not long been a member so I'll have to wait and see.
Won't be impressed if it closes at 8 in the summer as I like to play 9 holes when its quite after 7:30.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. Where you are wind chill will not really be a factor. Up here the wind can cut you in two. When my relatives, NW of England, first came to visit me up here the cut of the wind was the thing that shocked them. It is not there all of the time but when it is it can be sharp.
Great..... I'm going on holiday there in June. Please tell me June is a summer month up there ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I didn't enter the comp on Saturday because we had never played off whites before, decided to do so as a practise. Just found out I would have won it if I had. Balls.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like I need to re-assess my golfing future. I had always said that, with the amount I can play, I would draw the line at paying over £1000.00 a year membership. Looks like the details of the fees for next year have come out for the clubs local to me. Belton Park is over £1000 once you add a bar levy. Stoke Rochford is not full with a waiting list as the only place that offers a flexible membership scheme and those others that are not at £1000 are not far off. Sadly, playing once a week most weeks (and not always that) it is hard to justify a £1000 a year membership and, whilst the market may be able to support that amount, I am not sure that the courses fully warrant it.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The guy in the bay next to me at the driving range telling his dad the driver he’s hoping to get fitted for today will get him carrying 300 yards.
He was barely hitting 200 with a TM SIM so I guess he’s being fitted for a rocket launcher

That fitter is a damn good salesman??

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looks like I need to re-assess my golfing future. I had always said that, with the amount I can play, I would draw the line at paying over £1000.00 a year membership. Looks like the details of the fees for next year have come out for the clubs local to me. Belton Park is over £1000 once you add a bar levy. Stoke Rochford is not full with a waiting list as the only place that offers a flexible membership scheme and those others that are not at £1000 are not far off. Sadly, playing once a week most weeks (and not always that) it is hard to justify a £1000 a year membership and, whilst the market may be able to support that amount, I am not sure that the courses fully warrant it.
Is Woolfox (formerly Rutland County) an option?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If not quite once a week, then assume, say, 40 games a year? Is £25 a round too much? (Ps: its a rhetorical question. Only you know what suits you).

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
So I didn't enter the comp on Saturday because we had never played off whites before, decided to do so as a practise. Just found out I would have won it if I had. Balls.
But if you'd had a card in your hand, would you have played so well? Many (most) golfers are adversely affected by the subconscious pressure that being in a comp causes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But if you'd had a card in your hand, would you have played so well? Many (most) golfers are adversely affected by the subconscious pressure that being in a comp causes.
I marked a card anyway, always do. I'll grant you I had one or two gimmes though that I could have missed.

sunshine

Visit site
Marking a card for yourself and marking a card for a competition aren't the same. They should be, it's not like we're playing in the Masters. But they are not, because somewhere in your subconscious there is a little trigger telling you it matters, which means you are not as relaxed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At Grims Dyke *any* so-called gimme can be missed.
I wouldn't give a 5-capper a 9" downhiller on the 6th.
Or the 3rd.
Or the 15th.
Yeah you don't have to tell me. As I keep saying to people, I used to think I was a half-decent putter until I came here! :LOL:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah you don't have to tell me. As I keep saying to people, I used to think I was a half-decent putter until I came here! :LOL:
One chap who joined a while back told me that he had *never* 4-putted in his life.
My response: "you will here, and don't beat yourself up about it when it happens".
You haven't even experienced them in summer at their full pace :devilish:
I have 5-putted the 5th, starting from 6 feet *below* the hole :eek: