Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not cleaning my ball on the 2nd green when I had a 2 ft putt for a birdie.
Greens have been sanded during the week and there was a little left on this one.
A grain or 2 of sand on the putter face, some on the ball = the ball squirting off at a funny angle with no pace...:mad:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Used my Taylor Made wrench to adjust the loft on my new Cobra 3/4 wood a couple of weeks ago and now can't find it - off to the range with two drivers tomorrow to try to find something that works and may well want to mess about with the loft on them.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse golf customer service .. or lack of

Ordered new golf balls 21st Feb .. personalised

Chased 26th march as heard nothing , told 5 week lead time .. covid delays aswell (ofc.. standard excuse)

Chased 13th April .. nothing heard

Chased 22nd April .. nothing heard

Their now advertising 3 week lead time on them

Fair enough things get delayed

But 13th April email not replied to when even their auto reply said we are busy expect a reply in 48 hours

Basic customer service failure

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Looks like I need to re-assess my golfing future. I had always said that, with the amount I can play, I would draw the line at paying over £1000.00 a year membership. Looks like the details of the fees for next year have come out for the clubs local to me. Belton Park is over £1000 once you add a bar levy. Stoke Rochford is not full with a waiting list as the only place that offers a flexible membership scheme and those others that are not at £1000 are not far off. Sadly, playing once a week most weeks (and not always that) it is hard to justify a £1000 a year membership and, whilst the market may be able to support that amount, I am not sure that the courses fully warrant it.

Played Belton Park last weekend, not sure it warrants it either.

I think Woolfox will be quite competitive when it starts to offer membership. Whereabouts are you, Grantham?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse golf customer service .. or lack of

I'm the exact opposite. pre-ordered new irons from scottsdale golf. Shown as in stock a few days later, with a 3 iron. Sent an email to pay extra for the 3 iron so I could get them sent out asap. 5 days later, no message back, no update on delivery and are out of stock on the site.

Available to arrive next day from clubhouse golf :(

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite. pre-ordered new irons from scottsdale golf. Shown as in stock a few days later, with a 3 iron. Sent an email to pay extra for the 3 iron so I could get them sent out asap. 5 days later, no message back, no update on delivery and are out of stock on the site.

Available to arrive next day from clubhouse golf :(

Never had an issue with clubhouse before

Everything normally arrives within a few days

But the lack of replies is shocking

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rain and plenty of it - on the flip side nobody will be moaning about not being able to get a tee time via BRS at my place today - empty
Not playing today, but the courses around here ceratinly need it, walked through the Kings today and was already looking better for the two days of Rain we have had in Inverness.

D

Deleted member 3432

Don't say that - I'm in Dumfries photographing football on Friday night - not that far away as the crow flies is it?

It is not far as the crow flies.

Threatening to reach double figures by Friday but wind still out of the North so wrap up well would be my advice...

davidy233

Tour Rookie
It is not far as the crow flies.

Threatening to reach double figures by Friday but wind still out of the North so wrap up well would be my advice...
Can't be worse than down there on Boxing Day this year - I'd actually forgotten how bad the weather was as we had to shoot the game from the stands - if I'd been out in the storm I'd have remembered.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Kings is a Parkland.

i get what you meant though it appears Greenskeepers on Links don't like letting it get brown any longer, Yanks don't like it;)
When I only played links when coming home on holiday I can remember playing with a plus handicap kid from St Andrews back at the time of the 1990 open - he was raging at how much they were watering the greens - said to me then 'It's changed totally in the last five years'

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting our butts kicked in the 1st round of the 4somes KO today. 8 down after 9 but managed to last until the 12th for a dog licence. Me and my partner were only 3 over and one of those was a bounce out because of the poxy ball lifters. WE HAD TO GIVE 23 SHOTS. They certainly didn’t play like 19 and 27 handicappers.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Playing partners who are muppets.

Medal today. It all goes wrong on 12.

Two of us hit provisionals. One needed, the other? Less so. (He found the original ball).

Lose my original ball. Provisional now in play.

One of the guys hits a ball from where I think my provo was. Middle of the fairway. I query if it was his ball. Apparently so.
I ask about a ball 20 yards further on in the rough? Yep, that is his ball. He has played the wrong ball.
I drop where he played from, and continue the hole, thinking he played my ball.
He plays his original ball under penalty.
When we get to the green, he takes my provisional ball out of his pocket, to give it back to the guy who found his first ball.
I played my 4th from the wrong place, as my ball was in someones pocket.
General penalty.
Or, take the muppet back 300 yards to somewhere near where said muppet picked up my ball and replay the hole again (par 5), if he remembers where the heck he picked up my ball from.

NearHull

Visit site
Playing partners who are muppets.

Medal today. It all goes wrong on 12.

Two of us hit provisionals. One needed, the other? Less so. (He found the original ball).

Lose my original ball. Provisional now in play.

One of the guys hits a ball from where I think my provo was. Middle of the fairway. I query if it was his ball. Apparently so.
I ask about a ball 20 yards further on in the rough? Yep, that is his ball. He has played the wrong ball.
I drop where he played from, and continue the hole, thinking he played my ball.
He plays his original ball under penalty.
When we get to the green, he takes my provisional ball out of his pocket, to give it back to the guy who found his first ball.
I played my 4th from the wrong place, as my ball was in someones pocket.
General penalty.
Or, take the muppet back 300 yards to somewhere near where said muppet picked up my ball and replay the hole again (par 5), if he remembers where the heck he picked up my ball from.
Was it at that point when Brian Rix, dressed as vicar, ran across the fairway with no trousers on?