Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Today's random irritation is an oldie but a goody. One of the blokes we were playing with was lining up putts with a line on his ball. Line it up, step back and check, bend down and adjust, step back and check......rinse and repeat.

It drives me nuts, to the point where I had to look away and just get lost in my own thoughts.

Radar Riley said it the other week. Change the rule so that you can only pick the ball up once on the green, once it is down it is down and that's it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I
This reminded me of an irritation of mine. When the ball lips out a full 180 and the commentators claim "so unlucky, it did a full 360!" No. No it didn't. If it had it would have carried on the original path of the ball.

Incredibly petty of me I know ?
Know we've had this before but, in a way, they're not wrong..
The ball began it's journey around the hole at 6 o'clock on the clock face and finished it's journey at 6 o'clock too..thereby travelling through 360 degrees..
Open to interpretation though..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This reminded me of an irritation of mine. When the ball lips out a full 180 and the commentators claim "so unlucky, it did a full 360!" No. No it didn't. If it had it would have carried on the original path of the ball.

Incredibly petty of me I know ?

That's exactly my point.
It's not petty, it's correct. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I

The ball began it's journey around the hole at 6 o'clock on the clock face and finished it's journey at 6 o'clock too..thereby travelling through 360 degrees..

I'd say it began it's journey at 9 o'clock and came back out at 3 o'clock.
If it starts at 6 o'clock, surely it'd just hit the stick. It certainly wouldn't come back to you from 6 o'clock ....................... surely.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I

But its direction of travel at that point (i.e. beyond the centre of the cup) is towards 12 o'clock, and it leaves at 6 o'clock. It's a 180.

If one of your pupils made a U-turn would they have turned through 180 degrees or 360 degrees?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But its direction of travel at that point (i.e. beyond the centre of the cup) is towards 12 o'clock, and it leaves at 6 o'clock. It's a 180.

If one of your pupils made a U-turn would they have turned through 180 degrees or 360 degrees?
Both....changed their direction by 180 degrees by turn through 360....:cool:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both....changed their direction by 180 degrees by turn through 360....:cool:

Impossible.
Heading north, do a 360° turn, still heading north.
If you find yourself heading south you've done a 180° or a 540° turn .......................... unless maths has changed since I was at school. :eek:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shorts and t shirts in June, not a problem ?. Joking apart June is frequently the best month here.

Where are you going?

Gosh I'm lazy at checking posts. Eyemouth. We've got a lovely 3 bed house in the town. I'm hoping to get a game at Eyemouth and Magdelene Fields. The latter to banish thoughts of my first time there when I lost 14 balls.