Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
When I am stood on the first tee, particularly prior to commencing a competition, I will always announce to who ever I am playing with, the make, the number and the markings on my ball. I will then do the same for the ball in my other pocket, the one that is going to save me from having to walk 50 to 100 yards to my bag for a replacement ball when I have hit my drive with the first ball into a location that will insist on keeping said ball.
We have four holes where you generally dump your bag and then walk back to a distant tee.
I will be irritated if you haven't anticipated needing a provisional or second ball, just like I was on Saturday when both members of the other pair put their drives where we all knew that barring a miracle, it would never be seen again and so took a slow walk 70 yards back to their bags for another ball. Why?
Is it so hard to carry a second ball? According to my mate yes. He says that you are planting a negative thought in accepting the possibility of needing one. He also has no shame when he asks if he can borrow the ball he knows is in my pocket having done just that.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
When I am stood on the first tee, particularly prior to commencing a competition, I will always announce to who ever I am playing with, the make, the number and the markings on my ball. I will then do the same for the ball in my other pocket, the one that is going to save me from having to walk 50 to 100 yards to my bag for a replacement ball when I have hit my drive with the first ball into a location that will insist on keeping said ball.
We have four holes where you generally dump your bag and then walk back to a distant tee.
I will be irritated if you haven't anticipated needing a provisional or second ball, just like I was on Saturday when both members of the other pair put their drives where we all knew that barring a miracle, it would never be seen again and so took a slow walk 70 yards back to their bags for another ball. Why?
Is it so hard to carry a second ball? According to my mate yes. He says that you are planting a negative thought in accepting the possibility of needing one. He also has no shame when he asks if he can borrow the ball he knows is in my pocket having done just that.

I agree with your mate. I wouldn't carry a spare ball in my pocket. Mostly because I don't like having things in my pockets when playing. So having a spare ball in my pocket would be annoying.

D

Deleted member 3432

I agree with your mate. I wouldn't carry a spare ball in my pocket. Mostly because I don't like having things in my pockets when playing. So having a spare ball in my pocket would be annoying.

Chuck them on the ground beside the tee box.

About 4 holes yesterday there were 4 balls on the ground next to the tee box. Highest handicap 6 but well prepared for potential reload and several provisionals were hit.

Just remember to pick them up when you leave the teeing ground :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Chuck them on the ground beside the tee box.

About 4 holes yesterday there were 4 balls on the ground next to the tee box. Highest handicap 6 but well prepared for potential reload and several provisionals were hit.

Just remember to pick them up when you leave the teeing ground :ROFLMAO:
I’m rather with BiMGuy on this...though I will occasionally do what you suggest...albeit rather reluctantly...

RichA

Visit site
I always carry my bag up to the tee on the one place like this at ours. Looks messy and lazy dumping it behind the previous green. Etiquette, innit?
Also, I might decide to play a more conservative provisional ball with a different club.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Where do you keep your tees, ball marker and pitch mark repalrer?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

If I played at the course in question, I'd just put up with it, because I'd get fed up trudging back to my bag to get another ball, four times a round.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
If I played at the course in question, I'd just put up with it, because I'd get fed up trudging back to my bag to get another ball, four times a round.
Or you could borrow the one I have in my pocket.

(i) As long as I don't need it.
(ii) As long as it isn't a comp.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
When I am stood on the first tee, particularly prior to commencing a competition, I will always announce to who ever I am playing with, the make, the number and the markings on my ball. I will then do the same for the ball in my other pocket, .

Why?

I played a 4bbb match and they went through that nonsense, 10 seconds later I couldn't remember anything that they said and given it's your responsibility to identify your own ball why bother?