Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At my new club they're using Intelligent Golf to book times. The woman in the office told us you could book five days in advance, but as it ticked past midnight last night I had a look just to see, and next Saturday was already booked up until 1pm! And this morning we've looked for next Sunday and had to take 12:50. That's a week in advance not five bloody days. And I don't know what time in the morning it allows you to book the following week, we obviously missed it this morning and the whole morning was gone again. Obviously it's worse since we're only in two balls, but I really need to find out what time these are coming available. ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At my new club they're using Intelligent Golf to book times. The woman in the office told us you could book five days in advance, but as it ticked past midnight last night I had a look just to see, and next Saturday was already booked up until 1pm! And this morning we've looked for next Sunday and had to take 12:50. That's a week in advance not five bloody days. And I don't know what time in the morning it allows you to book the following week, we obviously missed it this morning and the whole morning was gone again. Obviously it's worse since we're only in two balls, but I really need to find out what time these are coming available. ?
We use IG and it opens at 7 pm for the following week, ie 7pm Friday evening for the following Saturday

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I'd be getting in touch if you can't get a game. That seems mad (although HID tried to log into Waitrose for a delivery slot at midnight last night for next Sunday and they were all full) and pointless paying to be a member of you can't get a game. We are only offering 2 balls but with front and back nines available most people can log in at 7.00am (tomorrow for next Saturday) and get a game and if they are late off the mark there are usually slots here and there still available.

Are your members bypassing the system by phoning the office and getting them to book times in advance?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We use IG and it opens at 7 pm for the following week, ie 7pm Friday evening for the following Saturday
Well that wasn't the case with ours - as I said in the post, I checked after midnight Saturday (i,e. Sunday morning) and Sunday wasn't available yet. Then 10 hours late Sunday was largely booked up - so the times must come available in the morning sometime.
I'd be getting in touch if you can't get a game. That seems mad (although HID tried to log into Waitrose for a delivery slot at midnight last night for next Sunday and they were all full) and pointless paying to be a member of you can't get a game. We are only offering 2 balls but with front and back nines available most people can log in at 7.00am (tomorrow for next Saturday) and get a game and if they are late off the mark there are usually slots here and there still available.

Are your members bypassing the system by phoning the office and getting them to book times in advance?
I wouldn't say we can't get a game - we've booked in at 12:50 next Sunday in the end. But once I learn what time the slots become available I'll be able to go on and nab a more suitable time, that's all. (y) It's just getting used to how it works I guess.
She's just given you duff info.

It'll be a set amount of days and time of day beforehand, obviously not 5 days from midnight apparently. ?

We have IG, ours is 9pm as in the example above, ie Fri 9pm for Saturday next week etc
I guess each club sets it to their own preference - but they can't advertise it or people will camp on it at that time. I might have to do a little experiment tonight/tomorrow and see if I can narrow it down to the nearest hour or two. :p

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Good point although to be honest if the course was on temporary greens I wouldn't be playing anyway

It’s rare it happens at ours, just some were flurried with last nights snow. Be back on tomorrow. Just painful to be “forced” to play it somewhat as the groups ahead are. Absolutely awful watching people get their putter out and actually give it a go.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well that wasn't the case with ours - as I said in the post, I checked after midnight Saturday (i,e. Sunday morning) and Sunday wasn't available yet. Then 10 hours late Sunday was largely booked up - so the times must come available in the morning sometime.

I wouldn't say we can't get a game - we've booked in at 12:50 next Sunday in the end. But once I learn what time the slots become available I'll be able to go on and nab a more suitable time, that's all. (y) It's just getting used to how it works I guess.

I guess each club sets it to their own preference - but they can't advertise it or people will camp on it at that time. I might have to do a little experiment tonight/tomorrow and see if I can narrow it down to the nearest hour or two. :p

why can’t they advertise it. I personally would think that every club would let its members know the exact time that bookings open?‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
why can’t they advertise it. I personally would think that every club would let its members know the exact time that bookings open?‍♂️
I feel like it would be carnage with everyone trying to access it at the same time. Potentially even crash the app or make it not run properly.

D

Deleted member 15344

I feel like it would be carnage with everyone trying to access it at the same time. Potentially even crash the app or make it not run properly.

All the booking systems have the server capability to support that level of access - it’s been a learning period for them

I’m very surprised that the club don’t let the members know when the tee sheet opens up each day , it should be the same time every day a specific period of days ahead

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All the booking systems have the server capability to support that level of access - it’s been a learning period for them

I’m very surprised that the club don’t let the members know when the tee sheet opens up each day , it should be the same time every day a specific period of days ahead
Well they might have done previously but they haven't told me. As I mentioned, the lady in the office was clueless as she wrongly stated it was 5 days ahead. :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s rare it happens at ours, just some were flurried with last nights snow. Be back on tomorrow. Just painful to be “forced” to play it somewhat as the groups ahead are. Absolutely awful watching people get their putter out and actually give it a go.

Rare at our place too but aside from working on the driver it's pointless. You can't get the ball to stop on the frozen patch of fairway being used and putting even with a larger hole (where's DelC to advocate this as a permanent feature?) is a lottery