Golf Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You need a chipping lesson then!!!
Not really thank you. People try chipping in different ways. Some low runners, some higher. I play both depending on what is most appropriate. I play at a parkland course and had to frequently do short chips over greenside bunkers yesterday. They had to be lofted, no option. If everyone practised those on the putting green it would soon damage it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Does it really matter - it’s a practice green?!

Not just the possible pitch marks but one person chipping across a practice green can rule out several holes for putting use
Two players chipping and the green is out of use for putting (doesn't take much to thin a chip into an ankle biter)

There's two full size greens for putting adjacent to clubhouse (there's the clue, if it's next to the clubhouse then it's not for chipping) and a third chipping green with bunkers etc next to the range

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not just the possible pitch marks but one person chipping across a practice green can rule out several holes for putting use
Two players chipping and the green is out of use for putting (doesn't take much to thin a chip into an ankle biter)

There's two full size greens for putting adjacent to clubhouse (there's the clue, if it's next to the clubhouse then it's not for chipping) and a third chipping green with bunkers etc next to the range
I disagree. If I am chipping and the putting green becomes busy, I'll usually stop any high chips and focus on low chip and runs to one particular hole to give everyone else full run of the green. The short distance to the nearest hole means there is less chance of a real ankle bruiser anyway. Once it clears a little I'll go back to different trajectories. To be honest, my clubs green has been very firm this year again, so aside from the recent rain this week, I have been able to hit 20-25 yard pitches without any significant damage and the one or two minor pitch marks are easily fixed

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
When a players' putt hits the lip and gets spat out, straight back at them, and they say they've had a 360º lip out.
They haven't ......................... it's a 180º lip out.

D

Deleted member 15344

When a players' putt hits the lip and gets spat out, straight back at them, and they say they've had a 360º lip out.

But the ball travels 360 degrees ( we’ll prob closer 300 at a guess )around the hole ? The direction of travel changes by 180 degrees.

D

Deleted member 1147

For a righthander it’s be; right lip miss 90, straight ahead 180, left edge 270 and back at him 360.
So correct 👍

Visit site
I lost a match 6&4 today in a county comp, I was 1 over my handicap (7) when we walked in after 14 holes, he was 7 under his handicap (-3 gross). He started birdie-birdie, and had 3 birdies on the bounce on 8, 9 and 10 (to go 5 up...) before he birdied the 14th to win it. Said he was -4 in his last match when he won.

:(