Golf Random Irritations

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to play with a horrible person who conned me into signing 3 h/c cards for him, he kept putting backwards and forwards past the hole until he got the score he wanted and consicqentaly a 28 h/c then went out next week and won a trophy and good prize with 50 points. Felt guilty and sorry for all the other competitors but not sure what can be done when someone is that way inclined. Never played with him again.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a 4bbb quarter final 8 and 17 handicapper, yeah right!

17 handicapper parred 7 of the 1st 9 holes and after a couple of poor holes he pretty much par'd till they won. I know higher handicappers can have a good spell but he did pretty much to us at the same stage last year ! Then all you hear is "well he struggles with a card in hand" and "well he scores 25 points some weeks in the swindle but then he'll have a few 45 pointers"

He, and the 8 handicapper have made the final of some 4bbb comps over the last 3 years 😣

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Lee Trevino on the pro-celebrity golf when he used to say GO BAH, or FADE BAH, and it always did go farther or fade more.
How do some people manage to get a ball to obey?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Played a 4bbb quarter final 8 and 17 handicapper, yeah right!

17 handicapper parred 7 of the 1st 9 holes and after a couple of poor holes he pretty much par'd till they won. I know higher handicappers can have a good spell but he did pretty much to us at the same stage last year ! Then all you hear is "well he struggles with a card in hand" and "well he scores 25 points some weeks in the swindle but then he'll have a few 45 pointers"

He, and the 8 handicapper have made the final of some 4bbb comps over the last 3 years 😣

He sounds like either the “straightest hitter in golf” or a “short game wizard”

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
He sounds like either the “straightest hitter in golf” or a “short game wizard”

A really nice guy and looks suitably embarrassed when he pops in another par putt 😣 but back when computers alone didnt sort the handicaps he'd be off a lower one !

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching a guy employed by my old club as a course marshal, walk into a bunker, play two shots and then walk off out of it ignoring the two rakes within feet of him. He's also an officious little sod who picks everyone else up on anything and everything. He'd make a fantastic member of the Labour shadow cabinet.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Accidently trying to take a divot out of an iron-like tree root on our 17th. One wrist really sore and the other still a tingly now, a day later :-(

And what worse is that it probably cost me my first cut in 14 months!